Crisis Of Culture

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • mikepizz

LA CHP INSTRUCTOR # 308
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Nov 12, 2008
    Maurepas, LA
    Crisis of Culture....short and sweet!

Starner Jones, MD

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

This should be on the front page of every newspaper in America —in large bold letters. This was a "letter to the editor" in August 29th Jackson , MS newspaper.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Dear Sirs:

"During my last night's shift in the ER, I had the pleasure of evaluating a patient with a shiny new gold tooth, multiple elaborate tattoos, a very expensive brand of tennis shoes and a new cellular telephone equipped with her favorite R&B tune for a ringtone. Glancing over the chart, one could not help noticing her payer status: Medicaid. She smokes more than one costly pack of cigarettes every day and, somehow, still has money to buy beer.

And our Congress expects me to pay for this woman's health care? Our nation's health care crisis is not a shortage of quality hospitals, doctors or nurses. It is a crisis of culture — a culture in which it is perfectly acceptable to spend money on vices while refusing to take care of one's self or, heaven forbid, purchase health insurance. A culture that thinks "I can do whatever I want to because someone else will always take care of me". Life is really not that hard. Most of us reap what we sow.

STARNER JONES, MD
    Jackson , MS

Yrdawg

*Banned*
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 24, 2006
    Big Woods
    absolutely amen here

Things are too far gone for me to give my real opinions of just what needs to be done

I don't know if we can pull out or not

Just determine your personal line in the sand and stand ready

CEHollier

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Dec 29, 2007
    Prairieville
    A physician friend told me a lady pulled up to his clinic in a shiny new Escalade complete with bling and got pissed he didn't take medicaid. Go figure.

CZowner07

XD>Glock but<CZ
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 15, 2008
    Saint Martinville/Lafayette
    A physician friend told me a lady pulled up to his clinic in a shiny new Escalade complete with bling and got pissed he didn't take medicaid. Go figure.

Although I've never been a Dr. I used to work at a grocery store. These poeple would come in and buy $300+ on food stamps, then a case of beer and a carton of cigarettes with cash. when the reciept prints out it tells you how much they have left. One person spent $300 had $600 left, bought a case of beer a carton of cigarettes, and drive a '07 tahoe with 24" rims. That used to **** me off becuse she wasnt the only one!

mprice

Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Mar 16, 2009
    Breaux Bridge, LA
    It's not just the sense of entitlement your patient has...

It's also a government that panders to people who are "broke". I mean, irreparably economically, psychologically, spiritually broken. People (?) who are dependent are easy to control and the folks in our govt are serving it up and we're paying the bill.

Yrdawg

*Banned*
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 24, 2006
    Big Woods
    An unfortunate side of effect of vote ranching. :mad:

LOL @ vote ranching

now it has a name, I like that

Yep, vote me in, line up fo yo free sh**

Ya gotta give it to the lawbreakers.er, makers they gots us beating our selves with our money

jimdana1942

oldtimer
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Aug 11, 2008
    Sulphur, La.
    When politicians found out years ago that they could buy votes with welfare, they did just that.

When politicians found out years ago that they could get more votes by allowing illegal immigrants into our country and registering them to vote, they did just that.

When politicians found out not long ago that they could buy votes by requiring banks to make mortgage loans to those with no income, they did just that. Same thing with auto loans.

When politicians realized that this was THEIR country, not ours (yours and mine), then they took it away from us and are making us their slaves.

Yrdawg

*Banned*
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 24, 2006
    Big Woods
    Its hard to stand up for right but its gettin easier

More groups like the tea party folks, Fox News, all this to validate our individual claims that we're being ripped

That to me makes it easier than not so long age when someone stood against this kind of gvt action they were called nut and radical

On my better days I still believe that the sleeping giant is waking up, on slow days I think bunker up near the garden and STF by

hope its the wake up thing

Top Bottom