CrossFit

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • jbonnette

Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    Mar 22, 2009
    Denham Springs
    My major goal this year is to get back in shape and I'm looking for an enjoyable way to do it. CrossFit has piqued my interest. Spanky, you do CrossFit right? How do you like it? Anyone else tried it?

kz45

1911 cool-aid drinker
    Rating - 100%
    32   0   0
    Jun 8, 2008
    Baton Rouge
    I'm working out at Crossfit Denham Springs, if you stick with it, it works. I just got my diet straight and am seeing very good results

spanky

Gold Member
    Rating - 100%
    141   0   0
    Sep 12, 2006
    Gonzales, LA
    Yeah, I've been at it for right at 6 months and I love it. Diet is key but if you can get that straight then you will see great results.

Pangris joined a couple weeks ago.

jbonnette

Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    Mar 22, 2009
    Denham Springs
    I'm working out at Crossfit Denham Springs, if you stick with it, it works. I just got my diet straight and am seeing very good results

How big is the class? Is this the location near lockhart?

Yeah, I've been at it for right at 6 months and I love it. Diet is key but if you can get that straight then you will see great results.

Pangris joined a couple weeks ago.

Nice, he hadn't mentioned it. Do you work out as a group or with a partner or by yourself? How many days a week?

On the diet, do they advocate anything specifically ... like low calorie / low carb / low fat?

Akajun

Go away,Batin...
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Apr 10, 2008
    Brusly
    Another proponant for crossfit here, I go to Geaux Crossfit on Jefferson at drusilla. Have lost 25 lbs in 5 months, improved my cardio greatly, and it has helped my shooting as well. I dont have my diet down, other than I gave up all artificial sweetners, soda, and deserts. They are big on whats called the Paleo diet, I like my rice and gravy too much to do that yet but I may.

BTW as I type this I am the sorest I have ever been in my life from Monday's workout, 400m lunges.

spanky

Gold Member
    Rating - 100%
    141   0   0
    Sep 12, 2006
    Gonzales, LA
    How big is the class? Is this the location near lockhart?

Nice, he hadn't mentioned it. Do you work out as a group or with a partner or by yourself? How many days a week?

On the diet, do they advocate anything specifically ... like low calorie / low carb / low fat?
    its group classes, our box averages 4-8 per class but ive had sessions where I'm the only one and up to 15ish. We have just over 50 members.

As far as diet, zone or paleo are the big ones. I do paleo.

This should give you an idea ;
    http://crossfitvirtus.com/what-is-crossfit/

nevets

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 7, 2011
    I'm heading to the one in Denham springs today to check out the classes.. its a little on the expensive side for a "gym" so I want to see what its all about.. I figured it would be good to add into my normal routine after I do my normal workouts in the day..

any of y'all going to be @ the 5:30 class? or is everyone off because of "The Game(tm)" :)

Top Bottom