Cryo Loaded Ammo ???

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Uncle John

Aug 9, 2010
    Leesville Louisiana
    I really wanted to know about this as I already knew that the cryo process would increase the accuracy of bullets before reloading. But what about already loaded rounds?:eek3:

David said it was safe and he had done it before:rolleyes:I thought to myself "Oh well what the hell, no balls no glory." :hs:

So we through a box Hornady Leverevalution 45-70 in the fridge:D I would have preferred a Ruger #1 to check it out, but all I have is an H&R Buffalo Classic so on with the show.:squint:

Now this is my hunting gun for primitive weapons and it shoots a 1 inch 3 shot group at 50 yards which is all I ask of it. It kicks like hell. Ive killed 5 deer with 5 shots all DRT, and then some, so I know this is a good rifle.

Well I needed to check the zero anyway for the season. It was a little low and still shot a 1 inch 3 shot group. A few clicks up and it was dead center.
    I sent the pic of the zero target to David on a Wild Boar head. "If this ammo fails to fire blame it on David Minchew:mamoru:"

The funny thing is it didn't do anything to the ammo it was still perfect, in every way. Was it more accurate? No, still the same. Did it blow the gun up like all the critics will coment on? No, no pressure problems at all.

So why did I do it? Well I wanted to be the Sr. William Hillery of Frozen Bullets. There are plenty of scientific reasons of course but frankly I wanted to see what would happen and now I know.;)

Last edited:

2ridgebacks

316 below zero
    Dec 10, 2009
    Baton Rouge
    We are conducting more tests on other rounds to see the effects of cryo'd rounds. Others have made claims that it will increase accuracy due to a more balanced projectile and less vibrations ect. We will see, If it shows a significant improvement my thoughts are it will be from the faster rounds at longer distances. I will test a number of calibers and round types to see if there is something to this. One thing is for sure Processing the casings will allow them to be reloaded many more times, not a huge benefit but interesting thing to test as well.

By the way if anyone out there is interested in participating in or conducting tests or have an idea for a test, I will do the processing for free. I just want access to the results as long as it will be a fair and scientific test with the cryo process as the only variable.
    DAVE

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Demmickb
    Top Bottom