CtD has mags!!!

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Please reply by conversation.

JLouv

Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 13, 2010
    Youngsville

JLouv

Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 13, 2010
    Youngsville
    Some of the prices in the classifieds here recently are as bad as CTD.

I've been alarmingly sober recently, so I've refrained from commenting on the WTS & WTT "deals" here lately.....but rest assured, just like CtD, I'm keeping a list of a$$hats that I'm not ever going to do business with.

Fun coincidence I'm sure has been noticed....most of the "deals" are from newbs. I'm not surprised at all. I'm a bit sad when I see gouging from some longtime regulars. I have no problem taking $$$ from fools, but you don't **** where you eat either.

jchebert1979

Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 21, 2012
    Lafayette, La
    JFun coincidence I'm sure has been noticed....most of the "deals" are from newbs. I'm not surprised at all. I'm a bit sad when I see gouging from some longtime regulars. I have no problem taking $$$ from fools said:
    I was guilty of this when I put my Pmags up for sale after my second post but in my defense I did not get them for retail. I've posted about 6 or 7 "hot deals" including a few retail rifles (all sold out now) so hopefully I've gotten some karma back.

sportsbud

Rating - 100%
    50   0   0
    Jan 16, 2013
    NOLA
    I just got an order of 20 round Thermold mags, from sportsmen guide... At 30 bucks for a 6 pack with couplers I couldn't resist... sadly they are back-ordered till April... but they should deliver and probably wont be jacking up the prices... I get the 20 rounders as they feed my 5.45 AR just fine.

Also I don't believe in gouging... In prep for my move I just sold my custom AR with a RRA varmit upper for about the price I paid! I could have sold it for almost 2k!

Last edited:

JLouv

Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 13, 2010
    Youngsville
    Yay Sportsman's guide. Just today, I received a big order of cz75 mags that I placed last week. 15rnd AND 20rnd mags! And get this....the 20rnd mags were cheaper than the 15rnd mags at $20 & $24.

They were promags <ick>, but I couldn't believe they were in stock, so I got a bunch of 'em. I'm sure a couple of them will work.

Just need a few more PT-92 mags and I'm set.

Well except for AK47, ar15, ar47, 1911 etc...

Jack

Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Dec 9, 2010
    Covington
    I've been alarmingly sober recently, so I've refrained from commenting on the WTS & WTT "deals" here lately.....but rest assured, just like CtD, I'm keeping a list of a$$hats that I'm not ever going to do business with.

Fun coincidence I'm sure has been noticed....most of the "deals" are from newbs. I'm not surprised at all. I'm a bit sad when I see gouging from some longtime regulars. I have no problem taking $$$ from fools, but you don't **** where you eat either.

Have you considered people are posting items so they are available, not because they particularly want to sell them>

sportsbud

Rating - 100%
    50   0   0
    Jan 16, 2013
    NOLA
    Yay Sportsman's guide. Just today, I received a big order of cz75 mags that I placed last week. 15rnd AND 20rnd mags! And get this....the 20rnd mags were cheaper than the 15rnd mags at $20 & $24.

They were promags <ick>, but I couldn't believe they were in stock, so I got a bunch of 'em. I'm sure a couple of them will work.

Just need a few more PT-92 mags and I'm set.

Well except for AK47, ar15, ar47, 1911 etc...

Ah a fellow CZ lover... my EDC is a CZ-75p01 I have 4 mags so I am good, but as for the promags, I have heard that if you order CZ OEM followers the mags work fantastic!

JLouv

Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 13, 2010
    Youngsville
    Have you considered people are posting items so they are available, not because they particularly want to sell them>

So they're bragging? Why waste electrons if they don't want to sell? Still sounds like something a douchbag would do.
    And don't give me the free market crap. I've bought a lot of stuff over the last few weeks at normal, pre-hysteria prices.
    I stand by my statement. Rape all the fools you want, but you don't **** where you eat.

Honestly, I'm fairly certain this topic was beat to death in another thread already. I didn't jump in, but now everyone that reads this knows where I stand, so let's leave it at that shall we? No one's opinion on the matter is going to be changed.

JLouv

Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 13, 2010
    Youngsville
    Ah a fellow CZ lover... my EDC is a CZ-75p01 I have 4 mags so I am good, but as for the promags, I have heard that if you order CZ OEM followers the mags work fantastic!

Good to know! Thanks.

But I've got to confess. I don't have a CZ!!!! It seems those mags will work in a Baby Eagle <which I DO have> :D
    CZ is near the top of the next-gun-i-get list right now though. I like the Beagle, but it's a bit bulky.

Jack

Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Dec 9, 2010
    Covington
    So they're bragging? Why waste electrons if they don't want to sell? Still sounds like something a douchbag would do.
    And don't give me the free market crap. I've bought a lot of stuff over the last few weeks at normal, pre-hysteria prices.
    I stand by my statement. Rape all the fools you want, but you don't **** where you eat.

Honestly, I'm fairly certain this topic was beat to death in another thread already. I didn't jump in, but now everyone that reads this knows where I stand, so let's leave it at that shall we? No one's opinion on the matter is going to be changed.

Not bragging, making something available. You've managed to call people on this site asshats, say their actions sound like something a douche bag would do, then call the explanation of supply and demand free market crap. You sure are setting a fine example.

Last edited:

JLouv

Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 13, 2010
    Youngsville
    Actually....in the bearpit, there is a recent thread by me for three 15rnd beretta 92fs mags that I don't need.

They are for sale for exactly for what I paid for them <pre-hysteria prices>, unused & NIB, WITH a receipt from Academy.

So yeah....in this community...right now...I feel that's a stellar shining example.

Asshat, douchbag, free market crap, carpetbaggers, johnny come lately, opportunist, gouger,...whatever....I call it like I see it. Always have, always will...feelings be damned. I've named no one in particular. If anyone feels singled out and offended by my words, then maybe that's because they feel that the hat I just tossed in the ring fits them.

Last edited:

Poorboy504

Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Feb 18, 2012
    Westbank/nola
    So, you are saying if I sell a 30 round pmag for $12 with the posibility of a ban on high capacity magazines, I'm not a dumba$$? Considering the market may not have any more 30 rounders in the future, is it ok to sell them for more? Brass .223 monarch at academy used to be 3.99 for 20 rounds 6 years ago. If anyone is selling ammo for more than that, they are all a$$hats. Seriously, if there is a scarcity of ammo/parts/mags, retailers will raise the price themselves. PSA is selling PMC for $10/20 rounds when it was $6-7 before the political nonsense began. I'm not mad because I understand that scarcity drives price. But I also understand that it can go obnoxiously overboard, as is the case with cheaper than dirt.

1911Dave

Rating - 100%
    60   0   0
    Apr 8, 2012
    Mandeville
    So, you are saying if I sell a 30 round pmag for $12 with the posibility of a ban on high capacity magazines, I'm not a dumba$$? Considering the market may not have any more 30 rounders in the future, is it ok to sell them for more? Brass .223 monarch at academy used to be 3.99 for 20 rounds 6 years ago. If anyone is selling ammo for more than that, they are all a$$hats. Seriously, if there is a scarcity of ammo/parts/mags, retailers will raise the price themselves. PSA is selling PMC for $10/20 rounds when it was $6-7 before the political nonsense began. I'm not mad because I understand that scarcity drives price. But I also understand that it can go obnoxiously overboard, as is the case with cheaper than dirt.

I think he and I mean people like the latest post I just saw that is putting a value on 500 rounds of Wold Steel case .223 at $600. Thats overboard. Over $1 per round for something that was selling 4 weeks ago for .23/round. Its just ridiculous.

Status
    Please reply by conversation.
    You have insufficient privileges to reply here.
    Top Bottom