CTD price gouging

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • doug426

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 19, 2013
    Slidell
    I think we should start a list of preferred ammo and gun retailers who were not greedy during the last 6 months. Is there a way to start such a post on Bayou Shooter?

Hitman

® ™
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Sep 4, 2008
    Lake Charles
    Share these around.

This is all screen shots from TODAY!

First is the CTD SALE PAGE E-mail from TODAY;

newpicture2yw.png

Now let's look at the online 'MARKET' From Academy to Brownells to Midway

Sportsman Guide selling the same Type but 200 more rounds for the SAME PRICE

newpicture6pk.png

newpicture1v.png

newpicture3fb.png

newpicture4rj.png

newpicture5tc.png

Where's this $60 for 50 rounds of 9mm Market they speak of?

:dunno:

/

Last edited:

SVT

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 4, 2012
    Slidell
    Share these around.

This is all screen shots from TODAY!

First is the CTD SALE PAGE E-mail from TODAY;

newpicture2yw.png

Now let's look at the online 'MARKET' From Academy to Brownells to Midway

newpicture1v.png

newpicture3fb.png

newpicture4rj.png

newpicture5tc.png

Where's this $60 for 50 rounds of 9mm Market they speak of?

:dunno:

/

It 's in the amount of sales CTD generates...like it or not, CTD would NOT have their prices high IF the MARKET (ie gun noobs who are panicking) didn't allow for it.

1funvet

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 5, 2012
    Westlake LA
    Every one on this board need to get all their family and friends to join the CTD mailing list. Printing and postage on the catalogs is not cheap. When catalog arrives, just trash it like I do.
    Just doing my part to help the price gouging a##holes out.

Bullwinkle

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 2, 2013
    CTD I reckon, stands for "Cheaper Than Diamonds", because they are right up there with everyone else on the gouging.

I have bought from them in the past with great success, but none of my business has gone their way for quite a while.
    If they have what you want, wait it out or find it somewhere else, just gotta look.

Vermiform

Free Candy!
    Gold Member
    Marketplace Mod
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Sep 18, 2006
    Shreveport - or therebouts
    Every one on this board need to get all their family and friends to join the CTD mailing list. Printing and postage on the catalogs is not cheap. When catalog arrives, just trash it like I do.
    Just doing my part to help the price gouging a##holes out.

Somehow I managed to get on their mailing list twice so now I get 2 catalogs at the same time each month. My wife asked me why I don't cancel them since we will never buy from them again. I explained that it amuses me that they are losing money on me twice. I used to trash them, but lately I have been storing them for SHTF Toilet paper. :D FWIW they make awful fireplace kindling.

darkh2odiver

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jun 26, 2011
    New Orleans
    Yes....CTD is a POS company but let's not just beat up on them because there are some site sponcers that are guilty of the same BS...... Just stating the facts. FYI. Don't ask me to get "links" to the gouging... If you have been a member of this site longer then 4 months then you know what I'm saying is true.......

1911Dave

Rating - 100%
    60   0   0
    Apr 8, 2012
    Mandeville
    Yes....CTD is a POS company but let's not just beat up on them because there are some site sponcers that are guilty of the same BS...... Just stating the facts. FYI. Don't ask me to get "links" to the gouging... If you have been a member of this site longer then 4 months then you know what I'm saying is true.......

There are definitely some out there especially with selling primers at $60 when there are other good sponsors selling them at $30

bayougump

I'm not a smart man
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Mar 23, 2013
    Ponchatoula
    I sent this letter to CTD, because their prices have gone as high as those on GB:

Hello CTD, I understand supply and demand, but I believe that your ammo prices are gouging American Sportsmen. I have recently been able to find ammo at less than half of what you are asking. I know that this was not always the case with CTD, so maybe you have new ownership--are you now affiliated with the freedom group? Disappointed, Doug Reker

the reply was:

Mr. Reker,

Thank you for your comment, and thank you of your interest in our products.

I apologize for the inconvenience of our prices are overpriced. Cheaper Than Dirt prices are dictated by the market.

My response:
    Tonya,
    Thanks for the reply. When the "ammo crisis" is over, Americans will remember what companies were gouging.
    God Bless America.
    Doug Reker

I vote with dollars!

I don't know who I dislike worse, CTD or the crew at Academy and Walmart every morning buying ammo just because.

rrussotwo

Jedi Knight
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    Baton Rouge
    I don't know who I dislike worse, CTD or the crew at Academy and Walmart every morning buying ammo just because.

This ^^^

I'm at the walker Walmart daily and they NEVER have anything.

I've spotted tins of Federal 855 behind the counter at night and no one available to check them out and they're mysteriously gone at 7am.

Hattrick 22

Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 13, 2011
    Kenner, Louisiana
    Never bought from them before don't plan on buying from them now everything I usually buy is from academy or local..

As to the price gouging its been argued over before some justifying it by saying capitalism or saying it's not necessity. To that I say neither was gasoline during Katrina aftermath. But to each his own on that matter I don't buy it but some do make your money while you can/did..

SVT

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 4, 2012
    Slidell
    Never bought from them before don't plan on buying from them now everything I usually buy is from academy or local..

As to the price gouging its been argued over before some justifying it by saying capitalism or saying it's not necessity. To that I say neither was gasoline during Katrina aftermath. But to each his own on that matter I don't buy it but some do make your money while you can/did..

good article on gasoline "price-gouging" during hurricane Sandy - http://lewrockwell.com/paul/paul828.html

edrodhdfb

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 16, 2011
    Zachary, La
    Hopefully, honorable sites are beginning to catchup with demand. I just received my Dec. '12 order of 1000rnds of Wolf 7.62x39 from Sportsman's Guide that was not expected till August '13. Now, I have to get my AMD-65 kit put together...:doh:

Top Bottom