Customs and Border Protection Hiring Officers - CLOSED EARLY!!!

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • dixiejarhead

Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    May 27, 2012
    NOLA/Northshore!
    announcement is posted: https://www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/368222200 CLOSED EARLY!
    Good luck to those that submitted their application.

Just a heads up if you're interested in becoming a CBP Officer. http://m.kveo.com/w/main/story/112609492

As a result of funding provided in the fiscal year 2014 budget, CBP today also announce the allocation of 2,000 new CBP officers at air, land and sea ports across the country. Among the cities that will see an increase in personnel at their local ports are New York, Los Angeles, Detroit, Buffalo, Houston, Dallas, Chicago, Las Vegas, Laredo, Texas, Nogales, Arizona and New Orleans. Overall, 44 ports in 18 states will receive additional staffing that will reduce wait times, and help speed the lawful flow of goods and people into the nation.

Series 1895 - LEO retirement covered

http://www.cbp.gov/careers/join-cbp/which-cbp-career/cbp-officer

Max age cap - 37 unless you are prior military

pay scale starts at GS 5 and goes to GS 12. Most new hires come on at GS 5 or 7. You get a bump in Grade every year to journey level - for example - start at GS 5. Year 2 you go to 7. year 3 to 9. Year 4 to 11 and by year five you are at full journey level GS 12.

GS5 31628 per year

GS7 39179

GS9 47923

GS11 57982

GS12 69497

Step raises after that. GS 13 - management and above positions are competitive.

There is a lot of information on everything you may want to know on the CBP Delphi forum.

http://forums.delphiforums.com/customsinspect/messages/?msg=17301.1

UPDATED INFORMATION

Are You READY?

The CBP Officer Application process has changed!

Here’s what you need to know:

• You must have an active USA JOBS account: www.usajobs.gov
    • You must complete an on-line application during the open period of the vacancy announcement
    • You must submit ALL required documents by the closing date of the announcement –no exceptions
    • You must meet ALL required qualifications by the closing date of the announcement
    • You must be under 37, or a preference eligible veteran, or have prior civilian federal law enforcement
    experience
    • You must successfully complete a background investigation, polygraph examination, medical examination
    and physical fitness tests, drug test, video-based test and structured interview
    • Passing an entrance examination is required; examination scores prior to May of 2014 are no longer valid
    • You must carefully review the vacancy announcement to ensure a complete application is submitted
    • CBP will not modify, change or contact you regarding the accuracy or completeness of your application
    • Only qualified applicants with a complete application will be referred to take the entrance examination
    • The entrance examination is going electronic! There will be over 600 testing locations to choose from
    • You can use your USA JOBS account to monitor your application status

Is Your RESUME Ready?

Your resume must include your qualifying education or employment including: job title; dates of employment (mm/dd/yy); hours per week and a detailed description of your duties and how they meet the minimum job qualifications.

CBP encourages you to review the CBP Officer resume aid to ensure your resume will be ready to qualify you for a career as a CBP Officer:
    http://www.cbp.gov/document/guidance/cbp-resume-aid-and-reference-sheet

Are Your SUPPORTING DOCUMENTS Ready?

Do you have all your necessary supporting documentation ready to go with your resume?

Examples of supporting documents include but are NOT limited to:
    • Veterans’ Preference as applicable
    • DD-214 (Member 4 copy)
    • If active duty, statement of current service
    • SF-15 - Application for 10-Point Veteran Preference
    • Letter from the Department of Veterans’ Affairs certifying service-connected disability
    • Transcripts (unofficial or official – must be in English)
    • OF-306 – Declaration for Federal Employment: www.opm.gov/forms/pdf_fill/of0306.pdf
    • Eligibility for enhanced law enforcement coverage (see www.cbp.gov or announcement for details)

CBP posts all vacancy announcements on
    www.usajobs.gov

The United States Government does not discriminate in employment on the basis of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy and gender identity), national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, genetic information, age, membership in an employee organization, retaliation, parental status, military service, or other non-merit factor.

Last edited:

LaSpecks

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 12, 2014
    Metairie, La
    So how does that work? Do you choose a region and hope to get placed where you want, or have no say in where you go?

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

dixiejarhead

Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    May 27, 2012
    NOLA/Northshore!
    So how does that work? Do you choose a region and hope to get placed where you want, or have no say in where you go?

They will offer you a position normally where you want or put in for if
    There is an opening. No mobility agreements with cbp. You can stay where you like.

LaSpecks

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 12, 2014
    Metairie, La
    They will offer you a position normally where you want or put in for if
    There is an opening. No mobility agreements with cbp. You can stay where you like.

Thanks, been living in NOLA my whole life and would prefer to say. Are you part of CBP in NOLA? If so, would like to ask you a few more questions through PM if thats ok?

dixiejarhead

Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    May 27, 2012
    NOLA/Northshore!
    Thanks, been living in NOLA my whole life and would prefer to say. Are you part of CBP in NOLA? If so, would like to ask you a few more questions through PM if thats ok?

NP. I don't check everyday here though. Shoot me an email if you like at nolakennedys at yahoo.com

dixiejarhead

Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    May 27, 2012
    NOLA/Northshore!
    Application complete. Wished they had southeast region open. Really want to get back to SC.

Good deal. Well, I can tell you this much, if you get to Houston or Dallas, there are plenty of people in the Carolinas that would swap with you in a heartbeat after probation.

- - - Updated - - -

Just a reminder, ANNOUNCEMENT CLOSES MAY 15th.

Top Bottom