D&H magazines

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • LSU2010

I <3 U.S. Constitution
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 15, 2008
    Baton Rouge
    I bought some 30rders(green followers) months ago for my backordered AR and just got a chance to use them yesterday. Some wouldn't fit in the receiver and, those that did fit, some wouldn't feed a round after firing. I hear bushmaster mags are just rebranded D&H.

Anyone having or not having any trouble?

Richard in LA

Mag Whore
    Rating - 100%
    109   0   0
    May 19, 2007
    St. Amant, LA
    I bought some 30rders(green followers) months ago for my backordered AR and just got a chance to use them yesterday. Some wouldn't fit in the receiver and, those that did fit, some wouldn't feed a round after firing. I hear bushmaster mags are just rebranded D&H.

Anyone having or not having any trouble?

No. This is actually quite suprising. I LOVE my black teflon D&H's, and have never had a problem with them.
    Where did you buy them from? I recommend 44mag.com, if you have a problem with any mag they sell, they will make it right. excellent people to deal with.

actually, now the factory bushmaster mags are Cproducts. you can see the tell-tale divots that Cproducts uses on the 2 stamped halves to hold them in alignment before welding.

LSU2010

I <3 U.S. Constitution
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 15, 2008
    Baton Rouge
    No. This is actually quite suprising. I LOVE my black teflon D&H's, and have never had a problem with them.
    Where did you buy them from? I recommend 44mag.com, if you have a problem with any mag they sell, they will make it right. excellent people to deal with.

actually, now the factory bushmaster mags are Cproducts. you can see the tell-tale divots that Cproducts uses on the 2 stamped halves to hold them in alignment before welding.

Thanks for the input, Richard.
    I got them from 44mag in April. I sent them a note earlier today. I was pretty surprised too as a little research shows them to be pretty reliable.
    OK, the info I was reading regarding the BM rebranding was 2007 or so.

LSU2010

I <3 U.S. Constitution
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 15, 2008
    Baton Rouge
    It's an EA lower.
    hmmm. There aluminininmin so I wonder if they got crunched in shipping. USPS.
    I don't know if its my lower cause some fit and some don't. I got 9 of them.

Request Dust Off

Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Feb 11, 2007
    Westbank N.O.
    It's an EA lower.
    hmmm. There aluminininmin so I wonder if they got crunched in shipping. USPS.
    I don't know if its my lower cause some fit and some don't. I got 9 of them.

Try them in another lower - if you can get together with someone.
    EA lower should not be a problem as to brand. your individual lower my be a bit tight and some of the mags may be a bit big. You just have to isolate what it is.

I don't remember 100% but I think Olympic and another brand were tight in general. You can probably find the info on arfcom or ar15.com.

I have somebody's EA lowered rifle here and the Cproducts, Magpul & Bravo Co. (which I think are D&H) all drop free. All the mags were a bit harder to seat when loaded on closed bolt. First time I had that happen. I did not try to feed any live rounds out of the mags for safety reasons. Cycling by hand is not an indcation cycling during firing will work.

tactical723

3 Gun / F Class Player
    Rating - 100%
    41   0   0
    Feb 16, 2008
    Northshore - Covington, LA
    If the finish on the inside of the mag well is a bit thick you can get a small light abrasion emery board in the nail section of Walgreens and lightly file the contact points inside the lower receiver where the mag makes contact, if you do not know where this is, put chaulk on the exterior of the magazine and it will leave white on the areas where it is rubbing, some of my EA's were a little thick, these spots will eventually get worn down anyway, should remedy the problem, the problem is your mag is not going into full lock and into battery

LSU2010

I <3 U.S. Constitution
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 15, 2008
    Baton Rouge
    Try them in another lower - if you can get together with someone.
    EA lower should not be a problem as to brand. your individual lower my be a bit tight and some of the mags may be a bit big. You just have to isolate what it is.

I don't remember 100% but I think Olympic and another brand were tight in general. You can probably find the info on arfcom or ar15.com.

I have somebody's EA lowered rifle here and the Cproducts, Magpul & Bravo Co. (which I think are D&H) all drop free. All the mags were a bit harder to seat when loaded on closed bolt. First time I had that happen. I did not try to feed any live rounds out of the mags for safety reasons. Cycling by hand is not an indication cycling during firing will work.

I happen to have a RR AR laying around. I'll check my D&H mags in it. I know the cmmg and the magpul mags didn't give me any trouble.
    After I experienced problems seating some mags, I tried them all with an open bolt. same issues though.

LSU2010

I <3 U.S. Constitution
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 15, 2008
    Baton Rouge
    If the finish on the inside of the mag well is a bit thick you can get a small light abrasion emery board in the nail section of Walgreens and lightly file the contact points inside the lower receiver where the mag makes contact, if you do not know where this is, put chaulk on the exterior of the magazine and it will leave white on the areas where it is rubbing, some of my EA's were a little thick, these spots will eventually get worn down anyway, should remedy the problem, the problem is your mag is not going into full lock and into battery

Will try that also. Some of the mags go in like butta though. I can't see any visual differences in the mags either. I'll figure it out. Meanwhile, I have some magpuls on the way...

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Donut Man
    Top Bottom