Dan WESSON 44 Magnum

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • patterbs

Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 8, 2013
    Baton Rouge LA
    I have a Dan Wesson 44 Magnum that I got that needs to be reblued. all of the blueing is gone and the worse part it looks loike someone used sandpaper on it to remove rust. I need a place around BR to take it that is reasonable.

Thanks
    Bryan

El Rubio

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 28, 2009
    Ponchatoula
    sandpaper? It's ruined. I feel sorry for you and will give you $50 for it. Seriously, there are some folks on here that do refinishing with things like Duracoat, Gunkote, Cerakote, etc. I can't recommend any, but I'm sure some others here can vouch for them. I have used Duracoat on 3 guns myself and loved the results. I used a cheap airbrush from Harbor Freight. It was cheaper to do 3 guns than to have one done professionally. I have used high temp header paint on one gun with excellent results as well. It's all in the preparation. I removed old blueing with naval jelly, "sanded" with scotchbright pads, and followed with steel wool. This removed some slight pitting, and left no scars visible through the Duracoat. Duracoat seems a little thicker than Gunkote and might help hide surface abrasions some. I think all of these coatings are as durable, if not more so, as blueing and probably better at preventing rust.

Magdump

Don’t troll me bro!
    Rating - 100%
    163   0   0
    Dec 31, 2013
    Hammond, Louisiana
    I had Big Jake do one of my pistols and it looks better than when it was new. It's all steel and saw a lot of carry time inside the waistband, so it wound up with a little rust from sweat. He was able to polish all of that out and I can't see one flaw and the bluing is darker than the original factory finish. He's listed in the ads here. Very reasonable too. I'll gladly send pics via PM for the asking.

Latest posts

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Mikeyy504
    Top Bottom