Dang-nabbit!!!

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • JLouv

Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 13, 2010
    Youngsville
    So I cruise through one of my fave gun stores today....and dang it, they've got one of those new ruger 1022 takedown rifles on the counter. I played with it so long, one of the sales guys finally just took it from me and handed me the paperwork while he boxed it up along with all the goodies it comes with.

I guess I could have said no....but that would have been rude. Right? :D

Sorry, but no pictures until I get away from my wife. I told her I finally bought a take-down case. Even showed it to her! No point in mentioning there was a new rifle in it right?

Also grabbed a couple thousand cci minimags for it...

COOL SIDE NOTE!!!!!
    I must have missed the announcement, but Ruger is exploring some new territory with their model 77 bolt action rifles. I found a 77/357 AND a 77/44 on the shelf. I'll look for a pic, but imagine a 1022 shaped receiver & barrel/sights, like the Deerfield carbine or the 99/44 lever guns. Magazine fed. But a very short bolt action. VERY cool guns!!

JLouv

Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 13, 2010
    Youngsville
    96c9829a.jpg

This thing is COOL....gonna be even more better when the aftermarket parts start coming out. I'm real looking forward to a pistol grip & folding stock.

I'm really curious as to why there's a slot in the case for another barrel. Maybe ruger has plans for different barrels?

Last edited:

Cochise

is not here
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 19, 2012
    Calhoun
    I'm really curious as to why there's a slot in the case for another barrel. Maybe ruger has plans for different barrels?

Well, now you've got me curious too! I wonder if it would be possible for this to be a 2 barrel .22lr/.22wmr kit, like a rifle version of my single-six...would that be possible do you think?? Because that would be awesome.

JLouv

Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 13, 2010
    Youngsville
    Well, now you've got me curious too! I wonder if it would be possible for this to be a 2 barrel .22lr/.22wmr kit, like a rifle version of my single-six...would that be possible do you think?? Because that would be awesome.

I'm afraid not. Its more than just the barrel to switch between 22lr & 22wmr.
    And ruger tried to make a 10/22wmr a few years back. The design didn't work too well and instead of changing it, they just discontinued it.

I'm daydreaming of a heavy barrel, without sights, & threaded too!!!

Cochise

is not here
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 19, 2012
    Calhoun
    I'm afraid not. Its more than just the barrel to switch between 22lr & 22wmr.
    And ruger tried to make a 10/22wmr a few years back. The design didn't work too well and instead of changing it, they just discontinued it.

I'm daydreaming of a heavy barrel, without sights, & threaded too!!!

Well, that's disappointing. But I see your point.

I like the idea of a carbine/long range precision set of barrels too. That would be nifty to have all in a portable case like that.

Top Bottom