Dark Guinness taste like motor oil ...

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • headcase

Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Aug 23, 2009
    Metairie, LA.
    I tried some Guinness served at room temperature in Africa in 1963 and it was the nastiest drink I had ever tasted.

I didn't try it in Africa, but I can assure you it still tastes the same here!

Abita Turbodog rocks. Keeping it local. :cool:

LACamper

oldbie
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jun 3, 2007
    Metairie, LA
    Guinness Draught is all I know... what is this WD40 "lite" you speak of?

Guinness on tap in Ireland > Guinness on tap anywhere else > Guinness Draught in bottles >>>>>>>>>>>> domestic **** beer

I've never been to Ireland but will say Guinness on tap is FAR better than in a bottle. I used to throw darts at Ryan's 500 just for the beer, and I'm not usually a beer drinker.

JLouv

Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 13, 2010
    Youngsville
    hell yeah. Just wish they sold it in Louisiana.

When I fly to the east coast, I bootleg tons of Yuengling home. At least 3 cases of bottles on every empty seat in the jet. And all the way home, I'm eying the copilot and thinking that 3 more cases of beer in his seat would have been more useful.

One day, I'll invest in a kegerator....and just remove a seat so the keg will fit in the cabin.

DAVE_M

_________
    Rating - 100%
    32   0   0
    Apr 17, 2009
    ________
    blackbolt have you tried the woodchucks?

Granted I drink dark beer, but WoodChuck is just horrible. I keep WoodChuck in the category with Blue Moon and orange slices.

The only fruit beers I can tolerate are Covington and Abita's Strawberry, also Leinie's Sunset Wheat.

Never met a beer that I liked...... having said that, abita amber is the only one that I could pretend to like.

Stop at Rouses or an Albertsons. You can buy singles.

Last edited:

Ijaw

Unknown Camper
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 20, 2013
    Bayou Tigre, LA
    Nectar of the gods? Okay, I agree. :beer: The topic was only to express my distaste of bottled Guinness. Reason being, the Dark Guinness on tap at O'Neills Bar, off Union St. in Aberdeen, Scotland tasted 'superb' and does not compare to the bottled Guinness sold here locally. Is there a difference in the quality-of-water being used during their blending process?

Last edited:
    Top Bottom