Dash cam

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • W1nds0rF0x

Snap, Crackle, Pop.
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Oct 8, 2007
    Baton Rouge
    Anyone have or looked into these?? I was looking at them pretty closely before I made an enormous purchase, but some "incidents" have happened that have made me start working on a short list.

Speedlace

LOL...right?
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 23, 2007
    Look for something that:
    -starts when you turn on your car
    -loops recording footage
    -quality footage in day AND night

You're usually going to have to tuck some wires to keep it clean and discreet.

There is a guy in the U.K. that does in-depth reviews these cheap cams.

These seem to be the most favorable ones.

http://www.techmoan.com/

:)

Last edited:

W1nds0rF0x

Snap, Crackle, Pop.
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Oct 8, 2007
    Baton Rouge
    Okay the gopro isn't a "dash cam" and if best buy was the last place on Earth to have them, I'd duct tape my phone to my head....

I looked at his two vids last night that small one looks neat but the GPS is external, the ones I'm looking at have the GPS built in.

Curious as to need? (if it's not too personal)

Do a search on "Why do I need a dash cam" and I had something similar happen last Thursday in the rain.

Last edited:

Speedlace

LOL...right?
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 23, 2007
    Always point to the cam. :D

YouTube dash cam crash: Driver charged with fraud and mischief

The Ajax man at the centre of an Internet storm caused by a fender bender caught on a dashboard camera has been charged by police in the collision.

Raguruban Yogarajah is charged with fraud over $5,000, attempted fraud and public mischief.

“I know I’m innocent,” he said Tuesday. “I guess we’ll have to wait and go through all this to prove (it).”

He declined to comment further on his lawyer’s advice.

Yogarajah was involved in a collision on Highway 401 last month in rush hour traffic when his Acura TSX rolled backwards and bumped Herman Sham’s Subaru Legacy. Sham had a dash camera and recorded the incident.

Sham posted the video to YouTube with the title “The reason why you need a dash camera (scam foiled).” It caused an uproar, with commenters unleashing their fury at Yogarajah.
    www.thestar.com/news/crime/article/...h-driver-charged-with-fraud-and-mischief?bn=1

:)

DomTak96

*Banned*
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 14, 2012
    New Orleans
    I think a Go Pro would be pretty cool as a dash cam. It could be dual purpose; in the car, and for whatever else you may need it as. The problem would be mounting it...

whitsend

-Global Mod-
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Sep 6, 2009
    Transylvania, LA
    This.....
    google-street-view-car.jpg

:dogkeke:

apso1857

Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Feb 27, 2011
    Crowley, LA
    My department personally has the new Watch Guard systems, but I doubt you wanna pay that much for them.

After looking around a bit, I came up with this as the DVR. You should be able to wire one of the alarm inputs to a shock sensor;

http://www.supercircuits.com/Digital-Video-Recorders/Mobile-DVRs/MDVR21SD

This advanced solid state mobile DVR can be installed under vehicle seats, below the radio compartment or in the trunk. This compact, mobile digital video recorder provides up to four video and two audio inputs, and provides all of the practical and useful features needed for mobile video recording. The four alarm inputs and two alarm outputs are perfect for event triggered recording such as bus doors opening or closing, activation of signal lights, speed, sirens, and more. Advanced features include built-in GPS overlay, H.264 compression, D1 recording at 30 FPS, digital zoom and SD card storage. Mobile DVR comes with mounting bracket, connecting cables, lockable mounting bracket, GPS antenna and a 1 year warranty.

And maybe this as your camera. Its made for the rear seat, but should still work;

http://www.supercircuits.com/Patrol-Camera-Systems/PC230

These indoor cameras are ideal for school buses, delivery trucks, mass transit vehicles or anywhere else a vehicle video camera might be useful. This tiny security cameras include a 1/3" Sony chipset which produces a stunning 380 lines of resolution and 0.5 lux and 0 lux with the IR illuminators turned on. The IR illuminators have up to a 30-foot range, letting you see any activity inside or near your vehicle. It also includes a built-in high-sensitivity microphone and offers a wide 145° field-of-view for optimal viewing. It’s size is a mere 3.14" x 1.69" x 1.75" and operates on the standard 12 volts DC at 120 mA. Includes mounting brackets made of heavy-duty steel and a 65-foot cable with ruggedized connections.

Last edited:

W1nds0rF0x

Snap, Crackle, Pop.
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Oct 8, 2007
    Baton Rouge
    Oh you're waaaay above what I'm looking at. The ones I'm looking ate are the whole thing in a case smaller than a cell phone and around $200.

Top Bottom