Dave's Gun Shop in Lafayette

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • madwabbit

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 2, 2013
    Lafayette, LA
    I went by Dave's Saturday and they were closed. Did they shut it down?

Someone told me a few really good things about this place the other day at a bbq. I told them my only experience was beyond awful and I hadn't been back. Being closed on weekends doesn't help. It's probably the single worst business decision you can make if you run a retail establishment.

jguilletjr

Saw Bones
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 27, 2011
    Lafayette, La
    Well I had money in my pocket and wanted to buy a gun. I got it somewhere else. I would rather do business with Daves but it was locked up and there was nothing posted with their business hours. Maybe next time.

jgreco15

The Zebra
    Rating - 100%
    53   0   0
    Feb 15, 2009
    Lafayette, LA
    Google, Customer accidently shot at Dave's gun shop when derp employee pulls out his loaded 1911 to show to derp customer. I went home.

It wasn't a 1911, it was a Glock. Customer and employee were friends and customer was meeting up with said employee after hours to possibly buy Glock. Empolyee had AD in the parking lot and round went into customer's chest. Needless to say, customer and employee are no longer friends and the Glock didn't get sold that day!:rofl:

ETA: And since I'm sure somebody will ask "how did this person get shot in the chest if it was an accident"... Right handed shooter with chambered round. He unholsters the gun and tries to unload with barrel pointed to his left, parallel to the ground. Customer/friend walks around the back of the truck and ends up standing to the employee's left and at that moment...BANG! Customer lived, the shot didn't hit vital organs.

Last edited:

rcm192

Sic semper tyrannis
    Staff member
    Rating - 100%
    111   0   0
    May 31, 2010
    New Orleans area
    It wasn't a 1911, it was a Glock. Customer and employee were friends and customer was meeting up with said employee after hours to possibly buy Glock. Empolyee had AD in the parking lot and round went into customer's chest. Needless to say, customer and employee are no longer friends and the Glock didn't get sold that day!:rofl:

ETA: And since I'm sure somebody will ask "how did this person get shot in the chest if it was an accident"... Right handed shooter with chambered round. He unholsters the gun and tries to unload with barrel pointed to his left, parallel to the ground. Customer/friend walks around the back of the truck and ends up standing to the employee's left and at that moment...BANG! Customer lived, the shot didn't hit vital organs.
    I personally know both parties. Pretty accurate.

Top Bottom