Day 20 no smoking

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • charlie12

Not a Fed.
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 21, 2008
    Pride
    Good luck with it. I stopped cold turkey in 1985 and never touched another on. I smoked about 2 to 3 packs a day back then.

SGT_Kramer

Knuckle Buster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 23, 2010
    Ball
    Quiting is rough.. Not eating all the time afterwards is REALLY rough. Managing to maintain 185 at 72" as it stands with alot of training and being a hungry grouch.

Sugarbug

Sugarbug don't care.
    Rating - 100%
    54   0   1
    Feb 5, 2012
    Slidell
    Just went on 26 years this past March... :P

You guys are doing great! I never started so I don't understand how bad the addiction is. I understand having an addiction, though. Try being on 2mg's of IV dilaudid every two hours for 6 weeks. Never understood addiction until I had to start coming off that stuff.

Lafsnguy

Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Aug 11, 2009
    Lafayette
    Stick with it. I never got into smoking but dipped for several years. It's been about 5 years since I quit and couldn't be happier. Those first few weeks suck but it gets better just need to get accustom to doing things without tobacco.

Edward

*Banned*
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 16, 2012
    Why do we smoke when we know it's injurious to health and causes many different kind of cancers, what's fun in it, just following others because they smoke. Smoking is becoming the main reason of catching lung, liver and mouth cancer. It kills the efficiency of repairing skin and brain cells. It makes our skin and lips tan. This addiction kills you slowly and makes you look dull. We should take care of our health instead of following the trend.
    Congrats man, If you miss the pipe between your lips then you can use a match stick, :D it would make you feel like you're smoking. lol

SGT_Kramer

Knuckle Buster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 23, 2010
    Ball
    I have not been counting days but still going strong. I have not killed anyone and the urge to do so has gotten ALOT better :D. I've always been very active and a runner and I can tell my runing has improved alot. Once I got over the 4 weeks of almost cold type symtoms of hacking up brown mucus. If your thinking about quiting the comercials don't lie... They have new methods and try to talk to your doctor and give it a shot. You may be able to get free of it for good. Good Luck!

abner

*Banned*
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 9, 2013
    You have done a great job dude. keep it up. I am also a smoker and now i want to quit this but its too difficult for me. How you stop smoking the first thinking or motivation? Help me please. Actually my girl friend said me to quit that otherwise she will leave me.:) Help please.

erazir

Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Dec 30, 2010
    Baton Rouge, La.
    April will make 8 years for me. It's hard as hell to quit. I started going on a walk at work when I would normally smoke. I also started cooking more. I put on a few extra pounds but shed them by walking more. I suggest gum and fruit for while you're at work and nuts and cooking for after work. It helps keep your mind off of it. Good luck!

kman

Collector
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 23, 2013
    Yeah I've been hungry all the time but I have to just ignor it. I can't afford to gain weight as Aug is just around the corner and going to WOCS. Wife been real understanding about me being kinda distant too.. I swear the other day the pug was eating to loud and it made me so mad.. Really had to think abut that and tell myself how stupid I was acting.

I to quit(dipping tobacco) last year,it was very difficult,I went cold turkey with no aids and don't miss that disgusting habit. You sir are able to step back from the rage you feel and focus on the reality of what truly should upset you,and it's not the pug as you pointed out. That is a life skill that can't be taught,being able to step back an analyze the situation when the "rage" sets in and addressing it logically,Bravo!

Latest posts

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    kjstang02
    Top Bottom