DEA leaves handcuffed man in jail cell for 5 days with no food or water

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Vsotok10

Mad Scientist
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    May 2, 2010
    CENLA
    I'm glad Obama and his homeboy Holder arn't letting the terrorist win...

A San Diego college student filed a legal claim Wednesday for damages suffered when he was left handcuffed and without food or water in a Drug Enforcement Administration holding cell for five days last month.
    A DEA statement said Daniel Chong, 23, was "accidentally left" in a holding cell.
    "Accidentally? He almost died," said Chong's lawyer, Gene Iredale. "It's inexplicable."
    Chong drank his own urine to survive as his cries for help were ignored by federal agents and inmates in nearby cells, Iredale said.

http://us.cnn.com/2012/05/02/us/california-forgotten-prisoner/index.html?hpt=hp_t2

Vsotok10

Mad Scientist
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    May 2, 2010
    CENLA
    The DOJ is responsible for the conduct of the DEA; the DOJ is also responsible for the conduct of the ATF. Holder is the HMFIC of the DOJ and was selected for that position by Obama. I expect incidents like this one and the Fast n Furious fiasco to keep occurring because Holder and Obama allow them to; with friends like that who needs enemies?

Emperor

Seriously Misunderstood!
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 7, 2011
    Nether region
    I wholeheartedly agree with you that it's a stretch. Obama didn't "kill" Bin Laden either; THAT is a stretch

You are obviously unaware of whom you speak. Interloper! :D
    obama_walking_on_water.jpg

oleheat

Professional Amateur
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 18, 2009
    The nerve of you people! Get off your high horses- President Hussein Obama is the ONLY man worthy of deciding what mistakes he is and isn't responsible for!! :nono:

not+my+fault.jpg

Golden Dragon

Stay Alert.... Stay Alive
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    171   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Mandeville
    http://news.yahoo.com/blogs/lookout...ms-left-cell-five-days-without-153200359.html

Daniel Chong, 24, said that he was taken to the local DEA office after he was caught in a drug raid where he was smoking marijuana on April 20. The agents didn't charge him criminally and even told him they would drive him home, but apparently forgot about him in a tiny holding cell, where he languished for days without food, water, or a bathroom. Chong says he finally gave up on screaming for help, and eventually tried to kill himself with the glass from his spectacles and drank his own urine, sure he would die there.

Last edited:

Emperor

Seriously Misunderstood!
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 7, 2011
    Nether region
    "Chong also told agents he ate a packet of white powder he found in his cell, which turned out to be meth."

:eek4:

This guy is a dope fiend! :mamoru:

oleheat

Professional Amateur
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 18, 2009
    "Chong also told agents he ate a packet of white powder he found in his cell, which turned out to be meth."

:eek4:

This guy is a dope fiend! :mamoru:

Yep. The amount of personal sympathy I can muster for him isn't much. :dunno:

All kinds of bad things can happen when one decides to lead a "high risk" (no pun intended:)) lifestyle.....I guess we can now add "forgotten in holding cell for nearly a week" to the list. :thumbsup:

Emperor

Seriously Misunderstood!
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 7, 2011
    Nether region
    Yep. The amount of personal sympathy I can muster for him isn't much. :dunno:

All kinds of bad things can happen when one decides to lead a "high risk" (no pun intended:)) lifestyle.....I guess we can now add "forgotten in holding cell for nearly a week" to the list. :thumbsup:

I don't think most people on this forum can appreciate what it takes for a person to be in a jail for a drug offense, and then find an unidentified white powder laying there, and say, "Hey, I don't know what this is, but I'm going to eat it!"

Now call me crazy, but my past ancient drug history tells me that the smart move would have been to snort that unidentified substance that he mysteriously discovered in a jail cell. :doh:

oleheat

Professional Amateur
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 18, 2009
    I don't think most people on this forum can appreciate what it takes for a person to be in a jail for a drug offense, and then find an unidentified white powder laying there, and say, "Hey, I don't know what this is, but I'm going to eat it!"

Now call me crazy, but my past ancient drug history tells me that the smart move would have been to snort that unidentified substance that he mysteriously discovered in a jail cell. :doh:

Kind of alarming that he had that crap still on him when they threw him in the cage, anyway! I'm guessing they at least made sure he was unarmed? :o

VeedUp

Gold Member
    Rating - 100%
    54   0   0
    Oct 15, 2007
    Destrehan, La.
    kind of alarming that he had that crap still on him when they threw him in the cage, anyway! I'm guessing they at least made sure he was unarmed? :o

yeah like the spanish guy that blew his brains out after taking a sip of his drink pulls out a .45 and pow!

I don't care what drugs the kid did, he didn't deserve to get left like that. This is just another brainless waste of space government agent who is over paid and can't do his job. I hope someone has to answer for this. the civil suit will cost us all

Last edited:

Splat

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 21, 2012
    Lafayette
    Obama and his cronies think that water boarding and sleep deprivation is illegal but this is ok? I'm sure the guy wasn't helping the agents and probably even a smart ass so they left him in there to teach him a lesson.

oleheat

Professional Amateur
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 18, 2009
    yeah like the spanish guy that blew his brains out after taking a sip of his drink pulls out a .45 and pow!

Now THAT was a hell of a note....dude was carrying a 1911 in his beltline and made it all the way into the police station- and left alone until he offed himself!! :eek3:

Last edited:

oleheat

Professional Amateur
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 18, 2009
    You know there is video of that right?

***WARNING - GRAPHIC CONTENT***
    LiveLeak of course.

Yeah....I'm pretty sure there's even a video & write-up on it at snopes.com......

Still now sure about that last drink of water......Guess the guy didn't want to go out thirsty. :dunno::crazy:

USMC-Deano

Baby Eagle FTW
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 20, 2011
    Oceanside, CA
    The DOJ is responsible for the conduct of the DEA; the DOJ is also responsible for the conduct of the ATF. Holder is the HMFIC of the DOJ and was selected for that position by Obama. I expect incidents like this one and the Fast n Furious fiasco to keep occurring because Holder and Obama allow them to; with friends like that who needs enemies?

Haha, I'm gonna have to use that one from now on instead of HNIC.

On topic, this dude got screwed, hard, whether he was guilty or not. He still should have been at least acknowledged.

Top Bottom