Dear Tacticool Ninja Crowd... My apologies.

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • DesmoDucRob

#1 Dad
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jun 28, 2009
    Denham Springs
    Dear Tacticoolaid-Drinkers,
    My bad. I’ve become increasingly impatient with the seemingly overzealous tactical “enthusiasts” and today I believe that impatience came to a halt.

It seems that lately my gun shop visits have all included some sort of casual run-in with people interested in the newest AR-15 tac-latch rail-mounted laser taser gadgetry and fewer of the traditionalists. That usually ticks me off. I just want to know if there are any series 70’s under $800 and I keep getting interrupted by someone wanting to know what’s the best way to mount seven streamlights and a BUIS on his AR. Well…

I was making my usual rounds on the “I’m ahead of schedule for my drive-home commute” gun shop circuit, when I stopped by one of my local favorites to see what deals were beneath the display case. The conversation was the typical question and answer session with the gentleman behind the gun counter, when an obnoxious cannabis and gasoline-smelling pair of southern gentlemen strolled in the shop. I reluctantly gave them their space and they began to yell from different directions at each other to look at this Glock (S&W sigma) over here, and that Glock (AK-47), over there and then proceeded to ask if the owner had the Remington Super-Red Hawk that shot 454 “Castle” and 45 long-barrel. Before they got a reply the moved on to the next “glock” and asked if the gun was “SMD registered”:rolleyes:
    I found myself missing the company of typical gun-shop ninjas and their well-informed opinions (even if it is based on internet and gun magazine ramblings). Perhaps working on my own AR build is making me appreciate a bit of tacticoolness, but whatever the case is, I look forward to the next time someone informed on firearm anything wants to talk shop, as long as they don’t reek of pot and motor oil.

;)

Speedlace

LOL...right?
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 23, 2007
    Pick your poison.

The casual know-nothings or the taciticool internet know-it-alls.
    hang.gif

Last edited:

deafdave3

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Apr 26, 2010
    My bad. I’ve become increasingly impatient with the seemingly overzealous tactical “enthusiasts” and today I believe that impatience came to a halt.

It seems that lately my gun shop visits have all included some sort of casual run-in with people interested in the newest AR-15 tac-latch rail-mounted laser taser gadgetry and fewer of the traditionalists. That usually ticks me off. I just want to know if there are any series 70’s under $800 and I keep getting interrupted by someone wanting to know what’s the best way to mount seven streamlights and a BUIS on his AR. Well…

I was making my usual rounds on the “I’m ahead of schedule for my drive-home commute” gun shop circuit, when I stopped by one of my local favorites to see what deals were beneath the display case. The conversation was the typical question and answer session with the gentleman behind the gun counter, when an obnoxious cannabis and gasoline-smelling pair of southern gentlemen strolled in the shop. I reluctantly gave them their space and they began to yell from different directions at each other to look at this Glock (S&W sigma) over here, and that Glock (AK-47), over there and then proceeded to ask if the owner had the Remington Super-Red Hawk that shot 454 “Castle” and 45 long-barrel. Before they got a reply the moved on to the next “glock” and asked if the gun was “SMD registered”:rolleyes:
    I found myself missing the company of typical gun-shop ninjas and their well-informed opinions (even if it is based on internet and gun magazine ramblings). Perhaps working on my own AR build is making me appreciate a bit of tacticoolness, but whatever the case is, I look forward to the next time someone informed on firearm anything wants to talk shop, as long as they don’t reek of pot and motor oil.

;)

I never hear people talk like that.

Yrdawg

*Banned*
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 24, 2006
    Big Woods
    Speaking of ...

Dave I almost envy you when I HEAR the phrase " rather be judged by 12 than carried by 6 " , I'd love to see this line go with hollering fire in a crowded theatre

OP, sorry for your loss, any contract like that has to affect your over all in some negative way.

Weed and motor oil, yea...that sorta puts me in mind of seeing the thug-a-lites out in public and realizing that by being rabid pro 2 A like I am, I am insisting these fools have the same to carry a gun as I do :rolleyes:

LACamper

oldbie
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jun 3, 2007
    Metairie, LA
    One observation. When I was young and I'd wander into a gunshop on a Saturday afternoon you would find in addition to all of the above characters a handful of LEO's of various types. Some on duty, some off, and from all different departments, talking shop. Oh and educating the gun shop workers...
    Anyone smelling of weed walking in there would have been encouraged to come outside and hold down the trunk of the nearest police car while having his pockets emptied, while the other half dozen cops watched and critiqued. If they were lucky...
    Now, on occasion I'll see one police officer in Shooter's club (the store on david, not the range). I don't remember the last time I saw one at Nick's.
    What I do see is groups of 3 to 4 thug looking guys with their pants hanging down and their hats on backwards looking at AK's and high pernts. You would think the cops would want to hang around there...

Last edited:

charliepapa

Clandestine Sciuridae
    Rating - 100%
    130   0   0
    Jul 12, 2009
    Prairieville
    What I do see is groups of 3 to 4 thug looking guys with their pants hanging down and their hats on backwards looking at AK's and high pernts. You would think the cops would want to hang around there...

yeah, here lately I feel like I need a gun more at gun stores and the gun show that anywhere else I go! :eek3:

Gus McCrae

No sir, I ain't.
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Feb 25, 2009
    Colorado

;)

They don't sound like the tacticool ninja crowd to me. :rofl:

DesmoDucRob

#1 Dad
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jun 28, 2009
    Denham Springs
    They don't sound like the tacticool ninja crowd to me. :rofl:

Nope, my intent was to point out that the tacticool ninjas, although annoying at times, are at least educated in firearms terminology and etiquite enough to hold a conversation. I would have rathered argue the effectivenss of 5.45 vs 7.62 for days with someone informed rather than watch those two kindergarteners with moustaches bounce from counter to counter pointing at everything that accepted a magazine.

oleheat

Professional Amateur
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 18, 2009
    Q: Come on. Is there really such a thing as "too much tacticool"?

A: YES.
    tacticoolAR15.jpg

stormrider54

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 8, 2010
    Dutchtown
    Pick your poison.

The casual know-nothings or the taciticool internet know-it-alls.
    hang.gif

I fall into the casual know-nothing catagorie therefore I must depend on others for insight and knowledge until I get "up to speed." If this bothers any gun shop owners let me know and I'll spend my money with someone else that isn't bothered. I am not trying to be a jerk but this is the way it is.

I picked up this hobby for relaxation and entertainment. If it becomes a hassle I can always do something else. As for now, I enjoy it and appreciate the help of others.:D

JR1572

Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    58   0   0
    Nov 30, 2008
    Madisonville, LA
    The gun store counter is just like the Internet gun forums. Everyone knows everything, but the difference at the gun store counter is that you get the satisfaction of seeing the faces the "experts" make when you hurt their feelings by calling them out on their nonsense.

JR1572

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Demmickb
    Top Bottom