Deer mount in the making....finished.

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • CZowner07

XD>Glock but<CZ
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 15, 2008
    Saint Martinville/Lafayette
    My dad killed two 9 pointsast year so he decided to try and mount on himself. This is his 1st attempt. It will be ready in a few weeks once it dries. This is what it looks like so far.....
    411a3922.jpg

85b2c186.jpg

Last edited:

whbonney26

Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Nov 2, 2008
    Pearl River, LA
    I like it too and very nice rack.

Does the antlers still give it room to hang on the wall with them turned that way? Hard to tell....looks like they still would not get in the way but I was just curious.

CZowner07

XD>Glock but<CZ
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 15, 2008
    Saint Martinville/Lafayette
    I like it too and very nice rack.

Does the antlers still give it room to hang on the wall with them turned that way? Hard to tell....looks like they still would not get in the way but I was just curious.

Yes, the antlers have enough room to be mounted on the wall....That is IF we can find place on the wall :rofl:. We have 7 on the wall in less than 12 yrs ( no huge racks besides the one that was shot 2 yrs earlier 76" on one side and 46" on the other side lol, but some big bodied 190-210lb deer). He decided to mount his own deer since our lease is a management lease so we have to mount 8pt or better. He killed two small deer last year (this one and another), so he decided to give mounting a deer a shot. He bought a book with all kinds of different mounting molds and chose this one since it was soo unique. I'll post finall product when it is finish drying.

Last edited:

deafdave3

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Apr 26, 2010
    Do you do this professionally? I've been looking for a taxidermist as good as Bischoff used to be and looks like you come real close.

Top Bottom