deer murder club?

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • madwabbit

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 2, 2013
    Lafayette, LA
    Short version: a vendor offered to pay the way for a small office group to spend a few days at some "hunting resort" in either alexandria or arkansas this fall. Is this one of those places where they put your stand over a pile of corn and apples and bring a doe out on a leash? If so, I'll be insulted and will be declining the offer along with sliding him an f bomb or two. If not, what is it? Posting because I don't want their salesman to tell me, I want some no good coon asses to give it to me straight. What say you? Anyone been/heard of/familiar with the joint?

Last edited:

sandman7925

Wealthy women wanted
    Gold Member
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    May 16, 2010
    False River
    High fence areas breed big bucks. Helps them control the gene pool. And just because it doesn't have a fence doesn t mean it's real hunting. But without a name for the resort and going no way to know for sure. It might be fun if it's free. You don't have to pull the trigger on something if you don't want to.

madwabbit

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 2, 2013
    Lafayette, LA
    High fence areas breed big bucks. Helps them control the gene pool. And just because it doesn't have a fence doesn t mean it's real hunting. But without a name for the resort and going no way to know for sure. It might be fun if it's free. You don't have to pull the trigger on something if you don't want to.

fantastic point. guess to me its more about the principle of the matter. I don't want to patron or send a few grand to a place thats positioning deer like some kind of carnival game. It violates everything I was brought up to believe about hunting.

Last edited:

mike84z28

Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Aug 13, 2012
    Kenner
    Go have some good food (hopefully) some beers and come back and give us a review. Worst that can happen is you don't want to shoot, best is you have a great hunt.

madwabbit

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 2, 2013
    Lafayette, LA
    Y'all hiring?

Sent from my LG-D850 using Tapatalk

They send us to some pretty ridiculous places. im still adjusting to it honestly, I've only been at this office a few months now, but its always something. We've traveled more in 3 months than i had in the last 3 years. Those vendors wanna keep us happy happy happy.

Every year we get a small group to travel with the saints for a few away games. Everyones office has an autographed ball or jersey except mine. Hope to change that in ~90 days.

regarding the hunt: we'll probably go, but I'll be quick to post a scathing review if its a carnival shoot.

Last edited:

whitsend

-Global Mod-
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Sep 6, 2009
    Transylvania, LA
    Based on the price, I'd say it's not fenced or "deer on a leash" club.

$150 for morning or evening hunt, or $250 for a morning and evening hunt, kids under 15 hunt free with a paying adult.
    Only rule is 8 points or better, and no trophy fee.

Fenced or "leashed" clubs usually run into the thousands of dollars per hunt. Many with a kill guarantee.

madwabbit

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 2, 2013
    Lafayette, LA
    Based on the price, I'd say it's not fenced or "deer on a leash" club.

$150 for morning or evening hunt, or $250 for a morning and evening hunt, kids under 15 hunt free with a paying adult.
    Only rule is 8 points or better, and no trophy fee.

Fenced or "leashed" clubs usually run into the thousands of dollars per hunt. Many with a kill guarantee.

thanks for the advice, that makes me feel better about it.

ta2d_cop

#CornholioLivesMatter
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Jan 28, 2008
    Covington
    Considering that, with few exceptions, mainstream private land hunting today is putting out a feeder or other readily accessible food source and training deer to come eat, sometimes on a timer, so you can show up and shoot them, it sounds legit to me.:eek3:

madwabbit

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 2, 2013
    Lafayette, LA
    Considering that, with few exceptions, mainstream private land hunting today is putting out a feeder or other readily accessible food source and training deer to come eat, sometimes on a timer, so you can show up and shoot them, it sounds legit to me.:eek3:

heh if i didnt know better I'd think you were in my office earlier. damn near word for word from a colleague about semantics over hunting. amusingly accurate though.

Emperor

Seriously Misunderstood!
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 7, 2011
    Nether region
    I looked it up. You cannot pen up wild ducks and doves (and they don't), so if they are offering that; you should at least check it out. If the hunt in Arkansas is ducks, and it happens to be near Stutgart; then I will come with you to make sure you are doing it right! :p

madwabbit

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 2, 2013
    Lafayette, LA
    I looked it up. You cannot pen up wild ducks and doves (and they don't), so if they are offering that; you should at least check it out. If the hunt in Arkansas is ducks, and it happens to be near Stutgart; then I will come with you to make sure you are doing it right! :p

nah its an october trip. Its deer lol, and you know what - if I get an extra seat I'll invite ya.

Last edited:

Emperor

Seriously Misunderstood!
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 7, 2011
    Nether region

To some degree, but you will be hard pressed to get a mature buck worth shooting to come to a feeder during legal shooting times on a truly wild tract with any hunting pressure around. I have never seen a mature buck at a feeder in the daylight; ever! Except on tv, of course.

Top Bottom