Diamond Range Fire

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • sandman7925

Wealthy women wanted
    Gold Member
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    May 16, 2010
    False River
    Incendiary rounds.............................................................................................................................................................................................I want some

Nolacopusmc

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Oct 22, 2008
    New Orleans, LA
    sounds like a small electrical fire that was easily contained. It happens, especially in ranges given large quantities of lead dust and unburnt powder that accumulates.

Andrew50300

Rating - 100%
    38   0   0
    Oct 3, 2010
    Uptown NO
    I (used to) go there every once in a while because I pass right by it after work. I went today and was told that as of now because someone shot an incendiary round they no longer allow rifles to be used, at least not by nonmembers. I don't understand it, considering you could put the same ammo in a pistol, but that's the new rule. I still went in to try out my new drum for my Saiga, but apparently for the safety of the range my 10/22 had to stay in the case. At least Precision isn't too far away.

Andrew50300

Rating - 100%
    38   0   0
    Oct 3, 2010
    Uptown NO
    And I just went back and read the news story linked in the first post. Unless there were two separate incidents, something doesn't make sense. When I was signing in just a couple hours ago, I asked him if everything was back to normal after the fire I'd heard about. He told me all it was was that someone shot the round and it just smoldered a little. The news article says it happened in the walls at 1:00 in the morning.

Renegade

Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 1, 2010
    Red Stick
    Went to Diamond on S. Choctaw Saturday morning and the place was wide open. Could only shoot the AK on lane 8, but they let me shoot it. Had to pay $20 range fee to shoot the AK, but the teens I had with me were only $5 each. Had to place targets manually, but I can't complain. He had a couple of big fans in there, so the ventilation wasn't bad at all. The guy working was very friendly and helpful - even offered to put our targets up for us. It was a good experience and we had a blast!

Martini

Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jan 22, 2009
    Red Stick
    Went there last Saturday afternoon. Service was good and friendly, the range dog was sweet, but ventilation was non existent. Also hat to walk past the firing line to hang/move targets. I would happily go there if they fixed the ventilation and target movers, otherwise, I'm not going back.

Renegade

Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 1, 2010
    Red Stick
    If you thought the ventilation was bad with those fans in there, you should've seen how it was before!!! I headed outta there around 2pm and spoke with a guy shooting a .38 about my Mauser... was that you?

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Mikeyy504
    Top Bottom