Diamondback DB9 9mm review

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Sin-ster

GM of 4 Letter Outbursts
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    So... I'm lost.

It won't run on NATO 124 grain ball, but prefers "premium" JHP? Last I checked, the aforementioned FMJ is pretty far from "junk ammo", and runs just as hot as all but that frame-battering Buffalo Bore stuff he talks about.

Now, COAL may play a factor in such a compact pistol-- but that has absolutely nothing to do with the quality of the ammo itself. Factory JHP being shorter, it makes sense in that light-- but that's not at all what he says, and I wouldn't be surprised if that didn't occur to him.

Plus... follow through.

Jimbeaux82

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Oct 29, 2010
    Natchitoches, LA
    I watched several youtube videos on the DB9 and they all shot various 115 gr FMJ´s (Blazer aluminum, CCI Brass, Rem UC, Win , etc) without issue right out of the box and commented on reliability with Speer GD and Corbon so I am satisfied with that for now. Probably 10 plus videos on youtube if anyone else is interested. All that I have watched are very positive on the DB9.

eman2K5 - yes you did but I did not realize how small the DB9 was- fault to me. It is only very slightly bigger than Keltec P3AT.

One issue that does concern me a little bit is the lawsuit from Kahr. Could this prevent DB from making and subsequently servicing this pistol in the future???

charliepapa

Clandestine Sciuridae
    Rating - 100%
    130   0   0
    Jul 12, 2009
    Prairieville
    could it not just be a little tight needing more break-in, or maybe need a slightly lighter spring? didn't really say what the issue was, just that it wouldn't run on the cheap stuff.

Sin-ster

GM of 4 Letter Outbursts
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    could it not just be a little tight needing more break-in, or maybe need a slightly lighter spring? didn't really say what the issue was, just that it wouldn't run on the cheap stuff.

Who the heck knows for sure, but those are plausible thoughts indeed. The gun is after all a Kahr copy, and we know they need some "run in time".

The last person I'd ask is the guy for the original video, though. He makes me wanna go out and buy one just so I can figure out WTF he's talking about!

If it feeds WWB right out of the box, it should feed just about everything in the FMJ department-- unless the ammo is way out of spec.

Top Bottom