Dickies makes the cut yet again

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Ritten

SSST Mad Scientist
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Dec 8, 2007
    Thibodaux, Louisiana
    The wife and I often take a weekday night out in the city and for our 5 years together have spent each of our anniversary dinners at Dickie Brennans. They've made various "top lists" over the years and still going strong. Great food and comparatively not STUPID expensive for an awesome steak. If you can handle it, it highly recommend the bone in ribeye!

http://www.foxnews.com/leisure/2013/07/19/america-10-best-steakhouses/

Last edited:

Dave328

Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Jul 11, 2007
    Gretna
    Lots of people rave on that place. The one time I went I just wasn't that blown away. I mean it was a good steak, just didn't live up to the hype IMO. Glad you enjoyed #5 though! Wifey and I just had #17 last month at The Italian Barrel on Barracks St.

edrodhdfb

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 16, 2011
    Zachary, La
    The wife and I went to Peter Lugers in Brooklyn. We had the dry aged bone in rib-eye steak. They were humongous but not over the top good. The reviews make a big deal about not taking Credit Cards but they will take Debit Cards. The waiters are a bunch of hairy knuckle men and the place gives you the feeling like you are gonna get wacked at any time. :eek3:

We do prefer Dickie B's in Nola or Sullivan's in BTR. I recently had the dry aged NY Strip at Sullivan's and it was superb. My wife had the bone in fillet that was right up there too. Next time I will have the Bone-in Rib-eye. If we want all out meat we head to Texas DeBrazil.

James Thibodeau

Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Apr 23, 2012
    Breaux Bridge
    My younger brother is the head chef at Dickies new restaurant, Tableau, next to Jackson Square. Chef Ben Thibodeaux won't let you down!!! Just to toot his horn, at the age of 28, he was the youngest head chef in the history of Brennan Enterprises. Our family is mighty proud of him.

Ritten

SSST Mad Scientist
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Dec 8, 2007
    Thibodaux, Louisiana
    My younger brother is the head chef at Dickies new restaurant, Tableau, next to Jackson Square. Chef Ben Thibodeaux won't let you down!!! Just to toot his horn, at the age of 28, he was the youngest head chef in the history of Brennan Enterprises. Our family is mighty proud of him.

That's awesome! Congrats to your brother. We'll have to make a point of going try it out and tell him James said to "send it back". LOL

Top Bottom