Dining Out

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • FTRrookie

Freedom Not Free Stuff
    Rating - 98.6%
    68   1   0
    Apr 25, 2009
    Houma, la
    Parents who can't or won't control their kids while in a public place especially in a restaurant should be either told to leave or pay everyones bill for having their dining experence spoiled by kids yelling, screaming, crying, and running around the restaurant.

If I had pulled some of the stuff I see kids do today my mother would have dragged me out to the parking lot and proceed to whip my butt. Then when i got home I would get another whipping from my father when my mother told him what I had done. Needless to say, I was well behaved when we were out in public.

bravo3

dont tread on me
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Jul 27, 2010
    Baton Rouge
    if you've ever waited tables, some of the stuff you see the kids doing will blow your mind clean in half. and the parents just sit there and talk

jms

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 25, 2009
    Franklinton,La.
    I agree the kids are sometimes terrible at restaurants but, loud talking adults ( screaming at each other is just as rude when trying to enjoy a quite meal.

drpc

Across the State Line
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 29, 2010
    Picayune, MS
    I think the type of restaurant you're in makes adifference. If I'm eating at Ryan's or Shoney's I expect kids to be kid's. But a friend recently recounted a meal at Ruth's Chris Steakhouse where a large group next to them had 3 -4 kids that ran wild and ruined a very expensive meal for him and his wife. I'm not sure why he didn't ask to be moved, but that would have been my first move.

S&W4ME

I'm kind of a big deal
    Rating - 100%
    62   0   0
    Sep 7, 2009
    Walker, LA
    Parents who can't or won't control their kids while in a public place especially in a restaurant should be either told to leave or pay everyones bill for having their dining experence spoiled by kids yelling, screaming, crying, and running around the restaurant.

If I had pulled some of the stuff I see kids do today my mother would have dragged me out to the parking lot and proceed to whip my butt. Then when i got home I would get another whipping from my father when my mother told him what I had done. Needless to say, I was well behaved when we were out in public.

I couldn't agree more

SimpleGreen

Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Apr 11, 2010
    Livingston, LA
    My ex girlfriend had a three year old that would lose her **** in the restaurant from time to time. She'd be quick to tote her outside, put her back straight and come back in. And that was a 21 year old mother. She used to say the same thing about everyone else kids.

JWG223

Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Aug 16, 2011
    Shreveport
    I think the type of restaurant you're in makes adifference. If I'm eating at Ryan's or Shoney's I expect kids to be kid's. But a friend recently recounted a meal at Ruth's Chris Steakhouse where a large group next to them had 3 -4 kids that ran wild and ruined a very expensive meal for him and his wife. I'm not sure why he didn't ask to be moved, but that would have been my first move.

Very few really good places to eat regardless of cost. I took my Dad out to a decent place for Father's Day and even at $50/plate we couldn't seem to get a waitress that knew how to re-fill a glass. It seemed to me like they picked all of the Hooter's applicants that didn't have enough personality to get a job there. Now $50 a plate isn't that expensive, but it's enough that I would fully expect not to wait 5+ minutes with a bone-dry glass in front of me while the bimbo waiting my table schmoozes with her other patrons, especially when it's just water that it's missing.

PPBart

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 25, 2012
    Denham Springs, LA
    ...I'm not sure why he didn't ask to be moved, but that would have been my first move.

+1(!) I've done that a few times. Actually had one guy come over and ask if we moved because of his kids -- and I told him yes, we raised our kids to behave properly in public and didn't care to watch/listen to his kids raising hell. He was obviously pissed, but I guess he chose not to make a scene; just stomped away.

Hitman

® ™
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Sep 4, 2008
    Lake Charles
    LOL Oh Irony.

I just had this thought yesterday morning when my son came up to me and said;

>"Dad can you remove this tag, its itching me."
    >"Sure turn around......uh...dude thats a hanger.... :rofl:!"

nz5d3b4e0cgbxds5gow.jpg

So then I thought;
    Imagine if the shirt really came like that so when you go out to eat as you walk in they say,
    "Can I take you kids" Why sure, just don't hang them close to eachother, we'll get'em on our way out ... LOL!

Perfect Idea!

Neil09

Rating - 93.8%
    15   1   0
    Nov 29, 2009
    church point, la
    I don't go eat at nice restaurants because it's impossible to keep my 11 month old quiet when he wants to scream for the fun of it, so we just avoid it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

brpdsoldier1

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 12, 2012
    Baton Rouge, LA
    I have a seven year old boy and a five year old girl... they no better than to act up any where let alone a restaurant.

I dont know how many of you smack at the table but I really can not stand to hear some one smack. My fiancee and I were at a decent eatery last week and the guy two tables from us was smacking so loud it was literally over riding our conversation. It took everything I had not to say something to him. Both my fiancee and I are LEO so causing a scene would have been bad.

Ironman26

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 18, 2010
    Patterson, La
    I have a seven year old boy and a five year old girl... they no better than to act up any where let alone a restaurant.

I dont know how many of you smack at the table but I really can not stand to hear some one smack. My fiancee and I were at a decent eatery last week and the guy two tables from us was smacking so loud it was literally over riding our conversation. It took everything I had not to say something to him. Both my fiancee and I are LEO so causing a scene would have been bad.
    I couldnt agree with you more on the smacking....ya know worse than that is to look up from your plate and see people eating with their mouth open and the smacking to follow.....Oh yeah dont forget the cell phone conversation with the " CAN YOU HEAR ME NOW " volume level in the middle of the restaurant...leave the F'n cell phone and ya bad manors at home !!! Seems some people were trained to eat out in the barn wit da mules !!!

brpdsoldier1

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 12, 2012
    Baton Rouge, LA
    Growing up my dad would knock us out the chair if we dare smack, talk with our mouths full, burp at the table, etc.... he is a large man and would probably still do it lol

SGT_Kramer

Knuckle Buster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 23, 2010
    Ball
    Growing up we never went to resturants. As a adult I go to resturants on the road only. I hear thats where all the spoiled kids eat every night :P

Hitman

® ™
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Sep 4, 2008
    Lake Charles

I couldnt agree with you more on the smacking....ya know worse than that is to look up from your plate and see people eating with their mouth open and the smacking to follow.....Oh yeah dont forget the cell phone conversation with the " CAN YOU HEAR ME NOW " volume level in the middle of the restaurant...leave the F'n cell phone and ya bad manors at home !!! Seems some people were trained to eat out in the barn wit da mules !!!

... :ohreally: I got a little pissed off just reading these two post ... that might explain why I don't care to go out to eat :rofl:

Top Bottom