Dishwasher crapped out!

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • stag0608

Rating - 100%
    46   0   0
    Sep 4, 2011
    Luling, La
    My 5 year old frigidaire dishwasher went out for the 5th time. Going get a new one, any suggestions on what
    Brand should I buy?

RyanW

Koch-head
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Nov 5, 2010
    Baton Rouge
    Lowes on Millerville has a VERY nice KitchenAid unit that is open box and discounted it around $200. My inlaws have one just like it and it's very nice and quiet.

skyblue

Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Mar 21, 2009
    mandeville
    Sold this stuff for years. Maytag made their company on washing. Unfortunately Whirlpool bought maytag a few years ago. Kitchen Aid is Whirlpools Cadillac. What to look for. Thats a great deal on the Kitchen Aid open box. After that look at where the water dispeses and how. Maytag used to dispese at three levels and through smaller holes. More water at higher volume. next how do you use it. delayed start is a great feature. Example mine can start now or set for 2,4, or 6 hour delay. All washers make some noise. Maybe you want to watch the game or have some other need for hot water use right now. Delayed start can be great then.Sanitize is a super heat setting that you may want for peace of mind. Hard was cycle for really dirty dried on food. Don't buy the budget machine unless you want to repeat your frigidare( French ownership) experience.Good luck.

Emperor

Seriously Misunderstood!
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 7, 2011
    Nether region
    Wife made me buy a Bosch! :eek3: She thought we were rich, but must have forgotten to tell me. :dunno:

Money to boin!
    images

electrode1998

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Aug 11, 2007
    Baton Rouge, Louisiana
    I am in a similar boat right now.....our latest one craped out and we are getting a new one soon too.......hand washing dishes for now......have been thru most of the major brands.....GE, Maytag, Fridigedare, all gone...........after all the research we are going with Bosch this time........have found some good deals on them and oh btw kenmore has a unit (not an elitte one) that is made by Bosch for Kenmore for around 500-600 range......

Good Luck

stormrider54

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 8, 2010
    Dutchtown
    Stick with Whirlpool. It seem now days most everything else, Bosch, Samsung etc in the appliance world is a pain to get repaired, if needed. Most service people I know prefer Whirlpool.:D

As far as GE goes, I won't touch it simply because their exCEO is an appointed advisor to BHO. Even though we have had years of problems with Iran GE didn't pull out until just before his appointment. Makes me wonder where Iran got their technology from. Hmmmm.:mad:

Last edited:

bsramzy

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 13, 2011
    prairieville
    I bought a new one from Stantons appliances just a couple weeks ago. Cody at the college/perkins location was honest and gave use a deal. Always love to support local people

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    dpoirier63
    Top Bottom