Disregard

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • USMC-Deano

Baby Eagle FTW
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 20, 2011
    Oceanside, CA
    ***DISREGARD***

So, I'm looking to pick up my first REAL handgun(i.e., not a .22) in the very near future(1-2 weeks) and I've been really drawn to the semi-compact polymer Baby Eagle in .40S&W. I've actually wanted one for several years, but I've either been in California where it takes an act of congress to even buy a shotgun, or not been able to afford one. Now, the problem is, I've never held one or even SEEN one in person, and I really don't feel comfortable throwing down $500 on a gun that I've never had any experience with. I've contacted Precision and Jim's in Baton Rouge, and neither of them stock Baby Eagles at all, apparently. So, I suppose my question is this; would anyone in the BR area who has either a full size or semi-compact .40S&W Baby Eagle polymer model be kind enough to meet me at a range in the area and let me put a few rounds through one? I'll pay range fees and supply my own ammo, I just want to make sure that I don't buy a gun that I will end up regretting, especially since this will be a CCW.

At this point in time, the only other pistol I'm interested in as a CCW is a G23, and that is a DISTANT second. I've shot Glocks before and love their reliability, but I'm not too sure if I would be comfortable with one. They feel OK, but I'd like to test out the BEagle. Any help in this matter would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Also, for those who do have them, what is a decent price on them? The best I've found is on Buds for $472 w/free shipping, plus transfer fee of ~$25. So, is right around $500 pretty normal for this gun?

Last edited:

USMC-Deano

Baby Eagle FTW
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 20, 2011
    Oceanside, CA
    Any reason why the baby eagle? Just out of curioustiy.

It's essentially a knock off of the CZ75. Jims may have those and there is a nice compact one for sale on the forums right now.

Heres the cz75 polymer version they are trying to market to police.

http://www.budsgunshop.com/catalog/product_info.php/cPath/82/products_id/58053

It's a desire thing, really. I've been wanting one for several years, as mentioned, and the time has finally come that I will have the means to own one. I like the CZ, and actually would be interested if my budget wasn't as high as it is. But, I figure this might be the last time for a LONG time that I will be able to get a BEagle, so I might as jump at the opportunity.

Got a .45 ACP BE I'm willing to sell.

Edit: Disregard, its all steel.

Full size or semi-compact? I PREFER the polymer model, but wouldn't be opposed to the steel, for the right price. Also, is it the newer one or older one from before the discontinuation?

SVTFreak

Huh?
    Rating - 100%
    34   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    Galvez
    I have a subcompact steel BE in 40 SW. I also have access to a place to shoot it. You supply the ammo and come to port Vincent area on ascension side of the river and you can shoot it. It's the wifes ccw. PM me if your interested.

Top Bottom