Do you carry IWB OWB and why?

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Jack

Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Dec 9, 2010
    Covington
    :eek3:

:mamoru:

That must be for that new carry style- IBC- in between the cheeks. When will they ever invent a holster that doesn't cause problems when you go to the shitter???

You're looking at this the wrong way, now nobody in the next stall will see your holster when your pants are low.

doc ace

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 14, 2012
    Pineville/Deville
    Yeah it's this new thing, they're calling it prison carry.

or this?

image.jpg

Jack

Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Dec 9, 2010
    Covington

That's closer to IBE carry, they've got this thing that slips over th end of a barrel and front sight post on a revolver. Longgonedays tried it after his glock melted, said you either needed to go long barrel or internal hammer. He apparently went to draw his security six and it snagged, he said QC is no bueno in the back door.

Last edited:

DS727

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Nov 24, 2012
    Denham Springs
    Hey, if some guy can carry a loaded .38 K Frame up his heiney and some chick can hide a J Frame up her love canal, who's to say how far IWB means?

As far as the shoulder holster thing goes, I've used them a good bit for carrying a large revolver in the vertical position while in the woods, riding a 4 wheeler,etc. they work well.

I know of a few guys outside of the Detroit area who swear by them, but the weather is a lot colder, a lot longer so a cover garment isn't the issue it would be here. For folks who wear a suit regularly, and carry a full sized duty pistol they work rather well too, more so than trying to get the small belt you would wear with suit slacks to hold up the weight of a large gun.

For casual CC, they lose almost all of their benefits simply because most folks don't CC a big pistol to begin with, and it does require you to have a cover garment that adequately hides not only the gun, but the holster straps as well.

general mills

Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 1, 2010
    Denham Springs (BR,Hammond area)
    IWB for me. I wear a wife beater tucked in, IWB Kydex holster for a G-19, and a button down shirt over top. With a little practice, you can draw just as fast one handed like this. The last buton of the shirt is just below the waistline, so the right side of the shirt flips up very eaisily.

If I'm wearing a t-shirt, I pocket carry a ruger LCR.

AustinBR

Make your own luck
    Staff member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Oct 22, 2012
    Alright guys, where do y'all keep your IWB pistol on your body? 2ish o-clock? 11 o-clock?

rrussotwo

Jedi Knight
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    Baton Rouge
    If I conceal carry and my weapon gets exposed, is that a problem?

Do not mistake advice for Louisiana as applicable anywhere else.

Texas for instance SUCKS when it comes to printing and accidental exposure.

Louisiana doesn't suck regarding printing or wind blowing your shirt up and exposing your gun.

IWB for my fat ass at 3:30 with a Foxx holster. I've never had anyone notice. Even with 17rd mags.

I've ankle carried. Not bad with a decent rig and very little chance of someone noticing.

I've pocket carried. Not bad with a small gun and no chance of anyone noticing.

JNieman

Dush
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 11, 2011
    Lafayette
    Everyone I know who carries, trains, and stays current on gun law in Texas says that they know of no one who's been charged with 'printing'.

While it is shitty to have such law there in writing, I wouldn't say the current /conditions/ for carry in Texas in general SUCKS. I hate having 'unenforced' laws on the books, because you never know when someone will choose to enforce it. It's apparently got to be a BAAAAD day and you have to be doing something VERY WRONG for a cop to charge you with 'printing' or briefly exposing the gun in the wind, or something like that, while carrying concealed.

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    cajuntiger84
    Top Bottom