Do you do Black Friday?

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • PPBart

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 25, 2012
    Denham Springs, LA
    I must admit that I look forward to Black Friday and usually spend a few hours in the mall and local Walmart -- not to shop, but rather to just watch people. I like to get a big cup of coffee and wander thru the crowds, find it fascinating to see people so determined to find and buy those "specials"! Most of my actual shopping is done on-line.

FWIW, there was a report on TV recently that the lowest prices are actually found on the Sunday before Thanksgiving.

olivs260

Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Sep 23, 2009
    Geismar, LA
    Did Black Friday a couple of times as an employee... never again. It's just chaos and trash everywhere. We do Cyber Monday instead.

Vermiform

Free Candy!
    Gold Member
    Marketplace Mod
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Sep 18, 2006
    Shreveport - or therebouts
    Cyber Monday only. In the past we have always come down with some illness the day after standing in those lines, shoulder to shoulder with the diseased masses. Never again.

Last year, my wife decided she just had to break the rule and have something from Target. She brought the plague home with her and got 2 credit cards cancelled to boot. Thanks Target!

Last edited:

nola_

Rating - 94.4%
    17   1   0
    Apr 13, 2008
    Nola
    I started a thread asking if any site sponsors will be having BlackFriday sales, but so far no responses. If I'm dropping $ I'd rather do it locally than to a chain

AustinBR

Make your own luck
    Staff member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Oct 22, 2012
    Did Black Friday a couple of times as an employee... never again. It's just chaos and trash everywhere. We do Cyber Monday instead.

Same. When I was 17 I worked at American Eagle and I worked an 18 hour shift on Black Friday. It was a bunch of fun since I was kind of in a supervisor type role and got to sit back and laugh at people on many occasions!

Kraut

LEO
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Oct 3, 2007
    Slidell, LA
    Wife and kid will be in Disney, and main family get together will be on Wednesday, so Thursday night into Friday morning I will be making $45/hr. on detail at Best Buy with all the crazies. Hard to pass up $45/hr.

LACamper

oldbie
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jun 3, 2007
    Metairie, LA
    I usually hit the sears sale on black Friday. They usually have some of their tools at half the usual price. I go in the hardware door, buy what I need and get out! 30 minutes max...

DAVE_M

_________
    Rating - 100%
    32   0   0
    Apr 17, 2009
    ________
    NO. Never again!

I went into Bass Pro, four years ago, on black friday. That was a mistake, I didn't even realize it was black Friday when I went. I waited in line for an hour, to use a birthday gift card. I'm even wearing the sweater, that I bought that day, right now.

olivs260

Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Sep 23, 2009
    Geismar, LA
    Same. When I was 17 I worked at American Eagle and I worked an 18 hour shift on Black Friday. It was a bunch of fun since I was kind of in a supervisor type role and got to sit back and laugh at people on many occasions!

First year, I was in computer sales. We had a bunch of laptops for like $200. There was much chaos.

The second time, I was running the cell phone dept, so it wasn't too bad. They flexed me over to whatever departments needed help during the day, but I was able to avoid most of the crazies. Black Friday is the devil's day.

Rhandhali

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 26, 2013
    New Orleans
    I've done it a few times in the past. There's not much that goes on sale that would make me want to wait or deal with the crowds or whatever. A few years back at computer stores it would be occasionally worth it but after almost seeing an employee get knocked off the top of a 15 ft ladder when he was trying to unload some 4 gig (tiny now) external hard drives I just don't care that much about it anymore.

The south park episodes on Black Friday are classic though.

Top Bottom