Do you think marijuana should be made legal in Louisiana?

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Should marijuana possession be made legal in Louisiana?

• For medicinal use

Votes: 64 33.9%
    • For recreational use

Votes: 123 65.1%
    • For dealers

Votes: 14 7.4%
    • NO

Votes: 49 25.9%

• Total voters

topgunz1

Gold Member
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Sep 13, 2006
    Prairieville
    I don't really care I just can't stand the smell of that crap... legalize and tax it and I bet the government can make money off of it, not to mention saving tons of judicial system money.

ericlosh

Rating - 100%
    46   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    Slidell LA
    I don't really care I just can't stand the smell of that crap... legalize and tax it and I bet the government can make money off of it, not to mention saving tons of judicial system money.

this, i cant stand the smell of that stuff.

and all the other points

Suburbazine

01001000 01101001 0011111
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 21, 2008
    Baton Rouge, LA
    The odor of the stuff causes me to become unable to breathe for a short period of time. Raw, burnt or 8-ball (this is a term for certain deposits that can be packed together from the ash into a marble, then burned again. Just FYI).

Leave it illegal. I have no desire to have it anywhere near me.

Last edited:

1911Dave

Rating - 100%
    60   0   0
    Apr 8, 2012
    Mandeville
    Negative.

See: "The Selfish Brain."

See an ER on any given night with people who are there from the consequences of drinking. I have seen 3 already tonight at work here. See how many people dying and destroying their livers and turning yellow on a daily basis in the hospital. Just because alcohol is legal doesn't make it better than smoking pot. Alcohol has destroyed 100x (or more)the amount of lives and families than pot has.

Last edited:

Bosco

We are the hammer
    Rating - 100%
    56   0   0
    Sep 4, 2009
    Covington
    Banning guns won't stop criminals from getting guns

Yet 11 people who think the above statement is true think banning drugs won't stop criminals from getting drugs :rofl:

Hypocrisy at its finest. Laws don't stop criminals. We need less laws and less government control. You get pissed off when Bloomberg tries to take away the right to a large sugary soda but think it's fine that they take away the right for you to choose what you put in your body.

If we legalize it, we save so much money on jailing all the people caught with weed on them. We take away the black market for weed. We get rid of the "gateway drug" status because potheads won't have immediate access to harder drugs if they're buying their weed from a legal source. What do you think it would do to the murder rate in New Orleans and Baton Rouge if gangs weren't killing each other every night over who's corner it is to sell pot at? Look at the states and countries that have legalized it and see how it's benefited their economy and how it wasn't complete chaos like people here think.

You don't like the smell? Seriously? I can't stand the smell of cigars yet I don't think people should be banned from smoking them. Plenty of people don't like our guns, what do we tell them? :rofl:

Last edited:

Hitman

® ™
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Sep 4, 2008
    Lake Charles
    To be honest, I don't know enough about drugs.

However I do think the highly processed and manufactured stuff like METH/Crack/Heroin and the like seem to be extremely dangerous and harsh. Countless Documentaries I've seen about the effects of drugs and their danger never seem to be about Marijuana.

I've got a couple drug addicted friends from High School, some who have died from OD. The others are still struggling to get off the above stuff or pills. It has ruined their life and their families have suffered greatly b/c of it.

Yet, everyone I know that has ever struggled with Drug Addiction and had their families destroyed by it as well
    has never been b/c of weed.

I hear weed is a gateway drug. Have no clue. But I can see that by having weed illegal it might drive folks to more underground places to get it where pushers push harder more expensive drugs etc. etc.

If it were legal to buy off the shelf I think it would take away it's effect at being a gateway drug to more harsh chemically altered manufactured drugs.

It's just hard to see the danger/threat comparison between a plant
    and a chemically altered highly processed manufactured drug like METH. :confused:

Like I said, I'm not voting b/c I don't know enough about drugs. I also don't care if it remains illegal.

:dunno:

Last edited:

Pas Tout La

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 12, 2012
    Droite La
    As much as I hate the stuff, it's hard for me as a beer drinker to judge pot smokers. I agree with Dave. I have seen a lot of guys lives ruined by alcohol. What makes pot worse? The fact that it's illegal? Alcohol was illegal at one point and they repealed that. I think you would have more people flocking to smoke it if it were legal, but the novelty would wear off to some. I have no doubt in my mind that it would cut down on crime, and that's enough reason for me to say legalize it. It would cut gun deaths, which would cut little old ladies from Liberalstan trying to take away my second amendment rights.

rrussotwo

Jedi Knight
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    Baton Rouge
    Eventually, I'd like to see it legalized and taxed.

The violence problems associated with the drug trade are the government's doing. The "war on drugs" made it so illegal to deal that its not a huge increase in punishment if you kill your competition.

It's not like CSI is real and criminals have figured this out. If there's no witness, likely there will be no arrest.

This is a simplistic way of looking into the criminal mind, but it gets us most of the way to the general lack of respect for human life and our legal system. A legal system that disproportionally targets a substance that is less lethal and conducive to violence than many legal and condoned substances.

The ******** about marijuana being a "gateway" drug is yet another byproduct of the very illegality that "we the people" keep voting for.

I have never and will never smoke marijuana regardless of its legal status, but even I can see the law of I intended consequences at play.

By the way, I know considerably more people who have smoked marijuana than have not...and I associate with otherwise law abiding people. Probably because they know my stance, they're more willing to tell me about their past usage.

Last edited:

lilshaunsdad

Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Jan 18, 2012
    Lacombe
    Legalize it! I've always said the only reason it's not legal is because you can grow your own and the government cant tax it. Ol'l Uncle Sam wants his cut on everything!

Vanilla Gorilla

The Gringo Pistolero
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Feb 22, 2008
    For those of you advocating a tax scheme; there is an established black market wherein one can buy unlimited quantities of Tax Free Weed. If you changed a law tommorow do you honestly expect that fact to change?

sandman7925

Wealthy women wanted
    Gold Member
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    May 16, 2010
    False River
    For those of you advocating a tax scheme; there is an established black market wherein one can buy unlimited quantities of Tax Free Weed. If you changed a law tommorow do you honestly expect that fact to change?

Yes I do. The cost of lost product, risk of jail or death drives the cost up just like taxes would.

Top Bottom