Do you think marijuana should be made legal in Louisiana?

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Should marijuana possession be made legal in Louisiana?

• For medicinal use

Votes: 64 33.9%
    • For recreational use

Votes: 123 65.1%
    • For dealers

Votes: 14 7.4%
    • NO

Votes: 49 25.9%

• Total voters

blitztech

Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Apr 3, 2012
    Houston
    Drinking is a thousand times worse. There are smokers, there are drinkers, and there are stupid government control everything ideas.

If all this **** was legal nothing would be any different except the hardcore drug heads would end up as homeless sooner or later, the pot heads would double the sales of snack foods, the drunk drivers would still be driving drunk with no regard for their lives or others, the inmate population would be cut in half (so maybe we could then afford to bring back the mental health programs in jails/prisons) and the criminal justice process would not be nearly as bogged down. There's a thousand reasons to legalize all this crap and very few to maintain the current course which is not working.

Look at Amsterdam and the crime statistics there if you want to know what a decriminalized society looks like. They don't have a lot of hardcore drug users, crime rates are low, and people who want to smoke do so in cafes. Violent people belong in prisons and I should still be able to buy a 44oz soda in NY if I so desire.

I'm just sick of the government trying to control every thing under the sun and taxing us then wasting away the money. This issue is just one in a long line of stupid moves by the government.

Last edited:

tibodoe

Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jan 17, 2011
    Baton Rouge
    Only if I can legally grow it and sell it. I don't use it, but I could use some extra bucks. So should prostitution be legal. Any thing to increase the tax base.
    Seems like only guns should be illegal.

Prostitution legal?
    Sorry, you can only legally pay to rip something out of a vagina, (abortion). You cannot pay to stick something inside!

Last edited:

sandman7925

Wealthy women wanted
    Gold Member
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    May 16, 2010
    False River
    I know someone very personally that smoked marijuana for around 12 years. They smoked everyday, usually in the evenings before bed after work, while reading a book or watching T.V. When their life situation changed and they took a job that involved ramdon drug tests, they quit. This person says it was no problem. there were no withdral problems, they can be around people who smoke it and not die to have some. This person also quit cigarrets, wich they say was hell! All this time, he was a productive member of society, grew, educated himself, learned a trade, never went to jail, didn't become a meth head or a heroin addict. If weed was made legal, this person would probably smoke again, in the evenings, after work. They would buy it from the store, paying tax on it, simply because of the conveinence and quality issue. Personally, I faiil to see a downside to legalizing weed.

Sounds like myself. I smoked allot of reefer for years until I got a real job then I quit with no problems. I've been around it a few times over the years and had no desire to smoke it. And yet today I can't quit dipping tobacco if my life depended on it.

USMC-Deano

Baby Eagle FTW
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 20, 2011
    Oceanside, CA
    May Jane, IMO, should be legal. As Hitman said, most people whose lives are destroyed by drugs are by coke, heroin, pcp, angel's dust, meth, etc. I've never met one person who was out on there ass begging for money because of pot. I would not want to see those other things legalized because I've seen firsthand what it does to people and the families of those people(my uncle died in 2007 just before his 43rd bday, not directly from drug use, but it's believed by some that he was killed because of drug deals gone bad). Pot, sure, legalize and tax the hell out of it. I'll never do it, but I don't believe it should be illegal considering it has less ill effects that alcohol and tobacco.

thatwhichisnt

Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Aug 26, 2009
    Baton Rouge
    As a former user who knows from the effects first hand: legalize it. It is not a big deal whatsoever. It is much safer that other intoxicants, and even has many positive medical side effects. The only reason it is still illegal is because of the overwhelming money spent years ago by the cotton/alcohol lobbies to make it so. Also for racist reasons.

Neil09

Rating - 93.8%
    15   1   0
    Nov 29, 2009
    church point, la
    As a former user who knows from the effects first hand: legalize it. It is not a big deal whatsoever. It is much safer that other intoxicants, and even has many positive medical side effects. The only reason it is still illegal is because of the overwhelming money spent years ago by the cotton/alcohol lobbies to make it so. Also for racist reasons.

What are the racist reasons?

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    cajuntiger84
    Top Bottom