Doc added***FL permits no longer honored in LA....it's official.

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

LouisianaCarry

Tactibilly
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 14, 2007
    Keithville
    I have stayed out of this thread so far, and I admit I have not read anywheres near the whole thing, but it seems to me that LA Shooter has a point. Of course, it will probably take judicial action to make good on that point. Nonetheless, the law does seem to mandate that LA recognize FL permits.

Eagle

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 8, 2007
    Notification

I have a LA permit so I'm not trying to stir the pot, I just figured LSP had a database of some sort with Louisiana citizens with FL non-resident permits. Has anyone with a FL permit been notified?

I haven't been notified, nor have I seen any official announcement. Apparently what we have here is another person who is supposed to protect and serve who has instead decided he knows best which part of the Second Amendment he's going to write off.

Ray Adams

Ray
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 23, 2009
    New Iberia, La
    Ray

Who made this decision? Is it just one guy or what? Need to look into it. I have Non-Resident Utah, Non-resident Virginia, and my resident Georgia license. I have been considering moving here and becoming a Louisiana Resident, but I have to think on it some more. I have opencarried here off an on for over 5 mo. now without incident.

Eagle

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 8, 2007
    Thanks

The good thing about judicial action is this case is it is the state that has to take it. They have to successfully prosecute a Louisiana Resident with a Florida permit for a violation of 11:95. I have spoken with the AG's office as well as several DA's and none seem eager to prosecute people with permits that are valid under the law. I also have the Division of Administration reviewing the actions taken by LSP. They will likely ask the AG for a formal opinion about the legality of LSP's actions.

Thank you for your positive actions while the rest of us were pissing and moaning and venting.

geauxshootin

LA CHP Training and more
    Rating - 100%
    47   0   0
    Jul 29, 2009
    Prairieville
    someone is editing out entire posts from this thread?
    If you wanted to do that you should have done it with all of the name calling threads that were childish.
    Not sure why the editing and really do not care, but seems to be alot of personal agendas going on that have nothing to do with the issue of the thread.

XD-GEM

XD-GEM
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jun 8, 2008
    New Orleans
    It took me a minute to figure out what you meant. First I was like
    smiley_confused.gif
    but then I was like ;)

Poor sentence structure on my part. Sorry, it was meant to refer to those who couldn't follow your simple instructions. ;)

J

jayd

Quote from our log on page

As this is our "home" and we would want you to treat others as you would like them to treat you.

With this being said,
    Any direct or indirect acts of disrespect towards owners, admins, moderators, or any other members will not be tolerated. Discrimination of any kind will not be tolerated. This includes, but is not limited to, age, race, sex, religion or political affiliations. Violations of these tenets will be handled as we see fit.

I'm not sure why we Louisianians/board members would be chewing on each other over this info
    Yes it sucks for some of us but why disrespect someone who might end up in the next bay at the range ;)

Thread closed

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom