Does anyone open carry?

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Tim67

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 20, 2010
    EBR
    I carry concealed every day, but may carry openly in places when for some reason it's especially appropriate (off road, in rural areas), or in highly tolerant areas, when I just don't want that extra outer garment.

dirty_sanchez

Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Apr 15, 2009
    I've been doing it on and off for almost 2 years now and have yet to have any sort of negative reaction.

I've OC'ed in all of the regular places I frequent-from quickie marts, grocery stores, restaurants, both major home improvement chains, walmart, banks, gotten gas across the aisle from BRPD, and EBRPSO, and have even walked right by Deputys at Chick-filet on Millerville here in Baton Rouge and without any static or issues of any sort.

I'd break my OC to CC down to roughly 25% of the time.

OC if you want, or CC if you like, but don't pass judgement if either style not your cup of tea.

Dirty

James Cannon

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 31, 2010
    Laffy
    I just OC'd before I had a CHP, and that was mostly it. I don't see much reason to OC, now, because my Comp Tac holster (Minotaur/MTAC) is so damn comfy.

It's nice to know that, in Louisiana, I can still OC, if I ever feel like taking off my over shirt. That's mostly the only times I've OC'd before, is if I still have my IWB holster on, but I was hot, or spilled something on my cover garment (usually a polo or button up, or sometimes a looser tshirt) and I just take that off until I get a spare shirt. It's good to have options. :)

ARboy

Master Class
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 27, 2009
    Mandeville
    Moisn Nagant? I've been around guns all my life and watched the military channel since it's inception, and played Call of Duty, 1, 2, MW2, Black Ops, all of the Medal of Honor series, etc..I never heard of that gun before I got here.

Obviously, you're not a true to the classics, because everybody knows that the Mosin Nagant was in Call of Duty: Finest Hour. They even had the scoped Mosin Nagant. The Russian sniper chick used it. HAHA :)

LACamper

oldbie
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jun 3, 2007
    Metairie, LA
    Jeff, OC has gotten a bad rep by a few people who do it to make a political point (search OC and walmart) or do it in the hopes some cop will screw up so they can sue (search here for MEM and motorcycle and you'll understand).
    I generally CC, but I've OC'd some when my CCW expired (my fault) and some post Katrina, not to mention in very rural areas. Your overall image will play a big part in how much negative attention you will receive. Short version, if you're 18 years old and walk into even a semi-rural walmart expect to spend some time chatting with the local LEO's. If you do it in N.O. expect a tac team to have you face down on the concrete...

There are some very persuasive tactical arguments in favor of CC over OC, btw. Again, I'm not going to rehash what's been said repeatedly, but it is definately worth your time to do some searches on here.

Please fell free to ask any questions you might have. We'll be happy to discuss and inform. You just picked a sore subject to start out with. Sorry...

Hitman

® ™
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Sep 4, 2008
    Lake Charles
    Obviously, you're not a true to the classics, because everybody knows that the Mosin Nagant was in Call of Duty: Finest Hour. They even had the scoped Mosin Nagant.

Actually;
    The Mosin-Nagant is a Russian bolt-action rifle featured in Call of Duty, Call of Duty: United Offensive, Call of Duty: Finest Hour, Call of Duty 2, Call of Duty: World at War and Call of Duty: Black Ops. Click Here for CoD Wiki
    CoD1_Weapon_Nagant.png

ofcmetz

Dark Lord
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Aug 15, 2009
    Baton Rouge, LA
    Funny how many OC threads pop up here. I personally don't like the attention. It is just too easy to conceal a gun and provides many more options when the **** kicks off if the scumbags don't know you are armed.

Abh3vol.firemen

unskilled labor expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 21, 2011
    houma,la
    lsp972,some open carry because it shouldnt cost money to defend yourself.and yes,pay for a pemit does infringe on my rights.what part of"shall not be infringed" does no one understand?

oleheat

Professional Amateur
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 18, 2009
    Maybe someone should ask John Bianchi & Richard Gallagher how THEY feel about open carry. :chuckles:

CUJOHUNTER

EARPLUGS??
    Rating - 100%
    156   0   0
    May 19, 2009
    New Orleans
    Interpretation of the 2nd amend is just that...an interpretation. Just like the bible is an interpretation of God's word by man a hundred times over. Somewhere between the first and hundredth time the true words become diluted. The 2nd amend allows us the right to own and carry guns and I believe it with a passion. BUT...let's be real. We live in a much different world nowadays where pre-teens are walking around with AK47s and the such and have no problems wielding it everywhere and anywhere at anytime.

I wouldn't mind OCing,it's the John Wayne in me. However,others might feel uncomfortable or even threatened by my display and would either run or report it. Maybe in smaller towns you might get away with it but I live in the BIG SLEAZY and such behavior wouldn't even get you half a block away from your home before you are interrogated. I may not like how society is turning out but we all live in it and find a way to avoid it or work around it. We can't change everything but we can try to stand up for our rights and still abide by the current laws. We don't want to be outlaws because we believe in guns,we already have enough flack against us. Let's just be mindful of everyone and respect the law. As gun owners,we have to be polite and vigilant...unlike the rest of the left wing world.

FYI...I do OC when I can without getting caught. Maybe not in N.O. or any other municipality or even rural community,but usually in remote areas where there isn't much of a population of human beings. I have relatives in Vermont where OC is permitted and you better believe I do. Yes,I do like the concept of open carry but
    I'm not going to challenge the law about it. Besides,the element of surprise is always a good defense...or offense.

Last edited:

Skiney

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Nov 29, 2010
    Between the A & the T
    OC in the Country

The ONLY person who said anything was a drunk who saw me OC'ing here in the country at my Local Dollar General Store yesterday!

His comment was DAMN look he got a Hog Leg strapped on his side.

He eased out of line behind me and headed toward the door mumbiling he was never coming back to this store to shop!

By that time the manager confronted me and I appoligized to her before she could say a word! Her comment " NO NO Thank you for coming in here with your gun on, hopefully he'll keep his word and stay his drunk a$$ out of here!"

I asked what time should I stop by tommorow, anytime she said!

Green Acres is the place to be, country living is the life for me!

Folks, Don't take yourself so seriously, Live and Let Live!

weld_gunfitr_bw.jpg
    [/IMG]

Last edited:
    Top Bottom