Does NRA Basic Pistol count?

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • lajeeper

heartless conservative
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 28, 2009
    BR
    As I carry whenever I'm not on campus, I recognize that 15+ years of experience with firearms and the CCP class is not enough, and that I need some formal training. I see that most of the notices for training sessions are advanced, and require some proof of prior training. The problem is, these beginner classes aren't cheap, and I'm a poor as hell student living mostly on student loans. Would the NRA Basic Certification that I received when I completed my CCP class count towards these class prerequisites?

Thanks in advance for any insight you provide.

zonblitz

Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Jan 19, 2010
    Slidell LA
    Many places have introductory courses that have no pre-req.

I know the VATA Group intro courses have no pre-req. In my class the other day, we had all types from LEO to someone who had only been shooting pistols for a matter of weeks.

I think you have your head in the right place. Kudos for wanting to better yourself.

lajeeper

heartless conservative
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 28, 2009
    BR
    Thanks for the replies zonblitz and geauxshootin, I think I'll give VATA a looksee this summer.

Doug Bowser

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 9, 2009
    McComb, MS
    Pistol classes

No matter where you take your pistol class, the instructor has to be registered with the State of Louisiana. We are conducting a class on March 5-6,2010. It will qualify as the class to get a LA pistol permit. Call me at 601-341-8797 if you are interested.

Doug

lajeeper

heartless conservative
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 28, 2009
    BR
    I don't think I was very clear in my original post, and for that I apologize. I already have my CCP. I was just wondering if that was enough to satisfy the initial pre-reqs for some of the more advanced formal training classes. I guess the point is moot, since I'll be looking to take a VATA's handgun training course. Thank you for all the replies though.

Top Bottom