Don't you hate it when...

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • baboonie

Now THAT'S a gunsight!
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    Nov 9, 2008
    Arizona
    So, I find a nice little pre-crossbolt Marlin 94 in .357, with a 1982 serial number, with a beautifully grained stock on GB today. I've been looking for a nice .357 lever carbine for a while now.

I email the guy asking him if he'd be willing to put a BIN price and that I want the rifle. I get an email a while later from him saying "BIN is on. Thank you."

So, imagine my surprise when I discover that some newbie with a feedback rating of ONE has snaked the thing out from under me. :mad:

I email the guy back and he responds, "Sorry about that. We emailed you instantly when we put it on Buy Now. There is nothing we can do about it now. The fellow who bought it is from Louisiana also so we thought it was you. Thanks anyway [sic] ps If I come across another one anytime soon I will email you." :squint:

To which I respond, "Sure there's something you can do. Ask the gentleman politely to agree to cancel the transaction because he inadvertantly interferred with an arrangment from another buyer." :nono:

I don't expect a response. :wtc:

Somebody got a good deal on a nice little carbine and I'm feeling a bit homocidal right now... :ninja:

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

chad

Rating - 100%
    156   0   0
    Jul 27, 2010
    Baton Rouge
    And if it makes you feel any better something similar happened to me. I acquired a 4" Smith 686 and decided I wanted to collect them in different barrel lengths. Well I knew this nice guy who had one in 6" and kept showing it off and teasing me with it, but when push came to shove he always held out. I was depressed for a while, because the little whore decided to keep it, but within a few days I found one that was of equal importance to me.

Moral of the story: If you found a Colt Python in your birth year, I don't think you'll have too much trouble finding another lever you want.

baboonie

Now THAT'S a gunsight!
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    Nov 9, 2008
    Arizona
    Well I knew this nice guy who had one in 6" and kept showing it off and teasing me with it, but when push came to shove he always held out. I was depressed for a while, because the little whore decided to keep it, but within a few days I found one that was of equal importance to me.

So...he was a nice whore?

If I remember correctly he did give you a price, but you could never commit.

Top Bottom