Drank the CZ Shadow koolaid...

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • toddrod

Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Feb 14, 2007
    Vacherie, LA
    Got my new Shadow in this afternoon, I ran some blazers 115's, my 124 reloads, and 147 reloads and was amazed at the accuracy. Didn't have time to put it through a real workout, just was shooting to get used to the gun, had to adjust the sight to the right, and its hitting 2 inches high at 15yds. One group with 124 MG jhp and 4gr of Tg put 4 into one hole about 1 inch and the 5th opened it to 1.25 inches. Man I like this gun.
    I told you that you would like it. It is just too bad that CZ puts that fixed sight on such a nice gun. That load data I gave you for my CZ should get you in the ball park for PF loadings for it.

Last edited:

double_pedro

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 24, 2009
    Got my new Shadow in this afternoon, I ran some blazers 115's, my 124 reloads, and 147 reloads and was amazed at the accuracy. Didn't have time to put it through a real workout, just was shooting to get used to the gun, had to adjust the sight to the right, and its hitting 2 inches high at 15yds. One group with 124 MG jhp and 4gr of Tg put 4 into one hole about 1 inch and the 5th opened it to 1.25 inches. Man I like this gun.

You can get a taller front sight or machine down your rear sight (and rear notch). Either way, you're looking for about 1/2 mm change. The stock Shadow front sight is 5.5 mm high. I think you can get a 6.0 mm and 6.5 mm high front sight from the CZ Custom Shop.

Last edited:

Vigilante Sniper

Guns are my crack!!
    Rating - 100%
    46   0   0
    Jan 28, 2009
    LaPlace
    I was planning on putting it in the Ransom Rest tomorrow, but that ain't happening. I have to replace brake pads and both rotors on my daughter's car in the am. If I get done in time, I've got some loads made up to try. I'll call Angus tomorrow and see if they'll send me a taller sight. The slide is going back after the Gator for the adjustablel LPA's. I have the same problem with my Dan Wesson CBOB, it's 5" high they said to send the slide and they'd replace the front sight, why send it to them when they could just send me the sight, I can put it in and my gun won't be out of service for 3-4 weeks.

Yes Eddie I know,before you rag me, I still have all my tools, once a mechanic always a mechanic I know.

Last edited:

Vigilante Sniper

Guns are my crack!!
    Rating - 100%
    46   0   0
    Jan 28, 2009
    LaPlace
    I think I bought my quota of guns for this week. Then again, my EAA Limited mags will work in the stock II. I need to check the rate of twist in my EAA's come to think of it, the CZ is 1 in 9.5 inches my other 9mm is 1 in 16, and the M&P is 1 in 18 3/4. Both the EAA and CZ smoke the M&P accuracy wise, My Dan Wesson 9mm isn't as accurate as my CZ or EAA either.

CEHollier

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Dec 29, 2007
    Prairieville
    Sig 210. Why play around with a fancy 226?

The 210 is on my "one day" list.

Speaking of fancy SIGs this 210 came to mind. All of the X-Five reviews I have read are good. Several rated it equal to or better than the 210. All a matter of preferance and opinion.

helvetic.jpg

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Jp3544
    Top Bottom