Driving Education Instructor Needed

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Emperor

Seriously Misunderstood!
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 7, 2011
    Nether region
    If any one here (member of not), is, or knows a certified Driver's Education Instructor that is not booked until next Fall, I am in need for my son.

Obviously, I need someone that is accredited by the state to start the new driver's license process.

PM any suggestions or referrals!

Thanks in advance!

rdm227

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 4, 2012
    Prairieville
    If you’re near the Ascension/Baton Rouge area I would recommend Sassone’s Driving Academy. He taught three of my daughters and was very easy to work with, not sure of his availability though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Kraut

LEO
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Oct 3, 2007
    Slidell, LA
    The new requirements really chap my ass! Nothing but a racket, some state legislator pushed that crap through because his brother-in-law opened a driving school, so now instead of $32.50 or whatever for a license, you're out $450 on top for some other jackass to "teach" your kid what you've already taught them. My wife's cousin has quadruplets, she's looking at almost $2,000 for her kids to get "certified" and licensed. As much as it's my home, there's some things I just really hate about Louisiana.

Emperor

Seriously Misunderstood!
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 7, 2011
    Nether region
    The new requirements really chap my ass! Nothing but a racket, some state legislator pushed that crap through because his brother-in-law opened a driving school, so now instead of $32.50 or whatever for a license, you're out $450 on top for some other jackass to "teach" your kid what you've already taught them. My wife's cousin has quadruplets, she's looking at almost $2,000 for her kids to get "certified" and licensed. As much as it's my home, there's some things I just really hate about Louisiana.
    It really is disgraceful! If I could believe that this was actually for public safety, I wouldn't be so pissed off about all the hoops and the money; but I know, like everything else in this $hithole, it's about someone lining their pockets somewhere along the line. The soonest I could get (so far), is in November! :rolleyes: That is what happens when government mandates crap like this.

And, for what? I rarely see any young drivers not fixated on their phones while driving, so they must be learning how to be more efficient at driving while playing on the phone.

Xeon64

Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jan 26, 2021
    Prairieville, LA
    It really is disgraceful! If I could believe that this was actually for public safety, I wouldn't be so pissed off about all the hoops and the money; but I know, like everything else in this $hithole, it's about someone lining their pockets somewhere along the line. The soonest I could get (so far), is in November! :rolleyes: That is what happens when government mandates crap like this.

And, for what? I rarely see any young drivers not fixated on their phones while driving, so they must be learning how to be more efficient at driving while playing on the phone.
    What else would you expect from this state. Bunch of A-holes charging 5 year old's for Fishing and Hunting License now.

MOTOR51

Rating - 100%
    72   0   0
    Dec 23, 2008
    here

Yep it’s a racket for sure. I’ve paid for 3 teenagers and the instructors were a joke.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

AustinBR

Make your own luck
    Staff member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Oct 22, 2012
    I'm pretty sure that my driving instructor was running a bunch of sketchy businesses out of one location. He held classes in the back of a tuxedo shop off of Airline Hwy and I remember that half of the time we weren't even doing driving stuff. It was a total joke and this was nearly 15 years ago.

hkump

Rating - 100%
    315   0   0
    Jan 6, 2013
    Covington, LA
    Yep, I agree. I've never seen such stupid requirements for a driver's license. Made my kid wait almost a year before he could get his due to the dumb rules/regulations and where you could take the course. I grew up in Illinois and I remember the driver's license course was taught in public schools FREE. I think all I paid was $50 at the DMV and got my license at 16. The driver's education course should be free to all Louisiana students. We all pay enough taxes. Some kids don't have the $450 or $500 for the course. To me, it's legalized discrimination based on class. If you can't afford it, you don't get your license at 16. Total BS.

gwpercle

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 20, 2013
    Baton Rouge, LA.
    If I had several children and older grandchildren ,
    I would look into what it takes to become one of these " Instructors" ... can't be much ... you know how to drive .
    If a politicians brother in law can pass the test ...anyone with some common sense who has been driving their whole life could probably pass the instructor test .

My Dad wired our house simply by going to the permit office and taking the "Electrician Test"
    He told me any fool could pass that test .
    Gary

Emperor

Seriously Misunderstood!
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 7, 2011
    Nether region
    If I had several children and older grandchildren ,
    I would look into what it takes to become one of these " Instructors" ... can't be much ... you know how to drive .
    If a politicians brother in law can pass the test ...anyone with some common sense who has been driving their whole life could probably pass the instructor test .

My Dad wired our house simply by going to the permit office and taking the "Electrician Test"
    He told me any fool could pass that test .
    Gary
    I am going to do just that!!!!
    I'll report back when I find out the particulars.

Top Bottom