Dularge fishing trip

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Dishonored

Hunter
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Oct 27, 2012
    Prairieville
    Woke up this morning around 3:30 and headed to the marina. Fished the gulf outside of bayou dularge this morning and then came back in to work the marsh for some reds. The trout were heavy for like 5 minutes and then they just stopped and I couldn't find them again. Today was the first fishing trip in the new little bay boat. (Needed something other than the offshore boat to just go inshore with). It ran very well and the fuel consumption was surprising. We had a great day on the water regardless. It was my first time to fish the area and I just made decision where to fish based in the ride and water color. Here are some pics from today.

Trout caught on: vudu shrimp, bait shrimp under cork, and sparkle beetles.

Reds caught on: vudu shrimp, shrimp under a cork

byde6yty.jpg

getuhybu.jpg
    pa9ybemy.jpg

Dishonored

Hunter
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Oct 27, 2012
    Prairieville
    It was an older gentleman who had it and just didn't use it anymore. He was the original owner and for a 1998 it was in really good shape!! So I bought it lol
    It runs 42.3mph with 3 people, 4, 15lb bags of ice and those fish. Plush misc gear and an almost full tank of gas.

I'm very pleased with it. Rides smooth too for a little 17' boat
    Here are some pics.
    eqa5a6ab.jpg

e8y7epe6.jpg

a3evubab.jpg

BOSS351

CZech It Out
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    62   0   0
    Dec 13, 2008
    Prairieville
    Good job Dishonored!!! Was this your first time going down to the DU?? I need to learn some new areas and that is one of the places I want to go to. Perhaps we can get together and bring a coupla boats down there...nice haul!!

Dishonored

Hunter
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Oct 27, 2012
    Prairieville
    Thanks boss!
    Yea man this was my first time there. I found several nice places and some more that I want to try again when I go!

We launched at 7:35 and cast the first line at 7:57 or so.
    Then we headed back to the landing at 12:35 or so. Just trying I get an idea of the area for future trips. This was a learning thing today. The boat did very well in the marsh. I trimmed the motor up and ran the trolling motor. The shallowest we fished was 1.5ft which is where we picked up those last two smaller reds.
    Sure thing man! We can get out there one weekend for sure!! I'm going to try some other places as well. Should have a trip to Delacroix in a month. Grand isle for sure while at tarpon. I have several honey holes there.

Dishonored

Hunter
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Oct 27, 2012
    Prairieville
    Flama, I also have fished lake de Cade, many times. Launching at Serigne (spelling) marina on falgout canal road or putting in at Gibson and when the bass just were doing it that day take a run down through the Brady.
    That is good fishing during the winter
    /fall for specs. But they are out farther near the coast right now.

scottybaw

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sep 7, 2010
    Lafayette
    My father and I went last weekend for a couple of days, we caught 15 good eating size reds and we went offshore by the pickets and caught 37 nice big trout in the 17 to 22 inch range. I actually caught my biggest speck ever there, this big girl weighed four pounds and was almost 24 inches long. We were using a popping cork with plastics for the trout and a cork with dead shrimp for the reds. The bite was good for the trout until the rip line came over and ruined the water.

Top Bottom