Dumb question

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • crippy02

Woodsman and Father
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Feb 16, 2009
    Saint Francisville
    So I'm saving up for my first AR. I have a lot of experience firing .308 and already have a small stash of .308/7.62 piled up. I've fired a buddy of mine's .223 and I feel comfortable bumping to a .308. I've looked at the dpms REPR and love the hell out of how it looks but have yet to find one to heft and fondle. Also, is that beast available already set up left handed or am I going to have to get it customized by a gunsmith? Lastly would I be better off to just work with my local gunshop and smith to custom build one?

troy_mclure

Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 13, 2010
    Central
    iirc only stag offers a lefty ar in .308, all a smith would do is swap the lower, bcg, and charging handle with a stag lefty one.

bwalke1

Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Jul 27, 2010
    Baton Rouge
    do you have problems with the brass hitting you or distracting you when you shoot? i'm left handed also and i don't have any problems with the AR platform. if you don't have any problems then i would stay with the standard AR. if for whatever reason you try to sell a left handed rifle later down the road you have narrowed your clientele considerably.

BrandonLSU

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 30, 2011
    Ponchatoula
    If I can digress for a moment, the only dumb question is the one you do not ask! There are dumb responses, and there are accusations of the asker being dumb (which may or may not be true). I like to think of it that if someone is asking a question they are aware of something they do not know and are trying to better themselves. Of course, some people are annoying so there is that.

Top Bottom