E30 BMW owners in SWLA?

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Quickdraw22

I SPEAK DA THUGG!1!
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Oct 18, 2007
    Sulphur, Louisiana
    Does anyone here own one of these gems? I picked one up for cheap as an Autocross project, but getting the thing to run reliably is giving me absolute fits. There are so many sensors (that all cost $50000) that I can't track down where I'm running into a problem. I can get the car to run by jumping a handful of relays, but the thing dies at anything over 2000 rpm. Not a fuel problem, as occasionally it'll get up to 2-3K, but getting it there is a problem.

If anyone does have one, and wouldn't mind me swapping out some parts for an hour to see exactly where mine is going wrong, I'd hook you up with an ice cold case of beer. Or food. Your choice.

For the people saying "Wat iz E30?!", behold...

BMW_E30_front2_20080127.jpg

edman87k5

Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Oct 22, 2007
    Ventress, LA
    I was wanting a e36 for a while. I found out quick why they do not hold their value as good as cars that cost half as much. Same goes for jaguar, range rover and mercedes.
    Way over complicated, super expensive parts and require constant service. The cooling system service for a bmw includes replacing the waterpump and radiator along with all hoses, and if you dont do it at 100k, you can just throw the car to the crusher once it has problems.

rrussotwo

Jedi Knight
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    Baton Rouge
    Co-worker has one. He's quite good at wrenching on it. It's an immensely fun piece of ****. I've gotten to drive it and surprised him with my ease of doing a burnout/drift.

03protege

#1 Stevel Spell II fan
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Nov 20, 2008
    Mandeville
    Those are pretty sweet, someone locally has one fixed up like the m3 version of its time with Euro plates on it. Hot little car.

Quickdraw22

I SPEAK DA THUGG!1!
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Oct 18, 2007
    Sulphur, Louisiana
    They really are neat cars. 170-180hp and 2200lbs makes for a fun little toy.

I just wish they weren't so expensive to fix for being a moderately "american" car.

Top Bottom