early morning daycare

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • crippy02

Woodsman and Father
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Feb 16, 2009
    Saint Francisville
    So my three year old has given me the sad eyes look and convinced me to adopt him a dog. The dog will stay with me and he'll see it when be comes to visit on the weekends. My problem is that I work over an hour away from home and need "doggy daycare." I've looked at a few places that offer it, but they all open at 7 or later. I have to be at work for 6. Does anyone know of a good place that would take an early drop off, like between 530-545? I plan to adopt this weekend, so I am hoping to have a solution soon.

Thanks in advance.

sandman7925

Wealthy women wanted
    Gold Member
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    May 16, 2010
    False River
    I would say if you live in a apartment or something and the only way to have a dog is to rely on a doggy day care then you shouldn't get a dog
    No offense and I get that you want to make you're kid happy but a dog is a big commitment. And I imagine using a dog day care 5 days a week is going to get expensive fast.

Cat

*Banned*
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 5, 2009
    NE of Alexandria, Cenla
    Agreed. Daycare is expensive and you need to be able to function without it in a pinch.

1) be honest with the rescue society. Establish a relationship. Realize it might take a while to find a suitable pet to fit your lifestyle.

2) forget about getting a puppy. It would be your worst mistake. They need lots of attention and plenty of outdoor visits. Look to a senior dog. They don't go out as often, they are content to sleep until you come home, they really do have some years left (4, 5 or 6), they come housebroken most of the time, they're somewhat usually more well behaved.

3) be picky. The deck is stacked against your lifestyle already. Working, weekend only dog - bored dog - destructive dog. Take your time choosing the right dog. A foster may e your best place to look. Someone you can discuss the right home and right dog. A foster home will know the dog better than a shelter.

crippy02

Woodsman and Father
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Feb 16, 2009
    Saint Francisville
    Agreed. Daycare is expensive and you need to be able to function without it in a pinch.

1) be honest with the rescue society. Establish a relationship. Realize it might take a while to find a suitable pet to fit your lifestyle.

2) forget about getting a puppy. It would be your worst mistake. They need lots of attention and plenty of outdoor visits. Look to a senior dog. They don't go out as often, they are content to sleep until you come home, they really do have some years left (4, 5 or 6), they come housebroken most of the time, they're somewhat usually more well behaved.

3) be picky. The deck is stacked against your lifestyle already. Working, weekend only dog - bored dog - destructive dog. Take your time choosing the right dog. A foster may e your best place to look. Someone you can discuss the right home and right dog. A foster home will know the dog better than a shelter.

I agree with a lot of that. I didn't plan on getting a puppy, been there and done that. I'm kinda hoping he forgot about it. I want a dog myself but I need to be able to be home more first. Or find someone to be able to help me watch it while I'm at work.

Top Bottom