EBR Sherrif and LSP - Baker area ranges?

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • texanx5

Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Feb 21, 2010
    north East Baton Rouge
    anyone know if there are two ranges or just one joint range? EBR Sheriff has a range off the river and HWY 61, but I'm told there is also a state police run one so curious if it is separate or the same one.

If it separate would they may be open to support of 4H Shooting sports. I was a little shocked that EBR had been and they have a jr deputy program but do not currently support the 4H program. Last year they seemed to be somewhat but this year is a new year. It is hard to find a small bore place to practice and train especially rifle. Pistol can be done at one of the indoor ranges with some expense but .22lr 3P, silhouette and CMP isn't as easy. I was hoping some one on here may know and could help us out.

I'll also ask our contacts to visit the Sheriff again but per the deputy not much chance of shooting at EBR's range this year. This effects a lot of young competition shooters for if we can't procure a safe area to teach and train the program my be reduced to air and shotgun for now. Open for thoughts? We are also talking to Ascension parish but that is a little longer trip than many will want to make for a routine practice, I understand St. Francisville is also in a similar shape needing a small bore location to practice and train.

Last edited:

beauxdog

Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Sep 18, 2007
    Baton Rouge
    Why not talk with The Range on Jefferson St. in Baker. It is a private indoor range. Go talk with Gordon and see if y'all can work out something that would be beneficial to both of you.

Beauxdog :)

texanx5

Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Feb 21, 2010
    north East Baton Rouge
    Why not talk with The Range on Jefferson St. in Baker. It is a private indoor range. Go talk with Gordon and see if y'all can work out something that would be beneficial to both of you.

Beauxdog :)

We use it but limited on distance it is only 25 or 50 yrds or so we need 100 for the rifle to mimic actual competition. The do give us a good price for pistol practice.

texanx5

Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Feb 21, 2010
    north East Baton Rouge
    EBRSO and BRPD have two separate ranges at the same facility, the LSP range is on the same road but further down.

Thanks I drove down and saw it today from the road. Now to see if the sherrif or state police will help support the kids or if we need some new people at election! I was down at a parish south of here today at a class and they are open to the general public even on Saturday's and welcome 4H and scouts to come practice. Even have a range officer to help as needed, very impressed. The Sheriff their supports such programs, Some other parishes talked about the wonderful support both with resources and financial support that they get for hunting and shooting skill programs around youth.

I'll Keep you posted if I hear more!

BayouDeputy

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 27, 2010
    Plaquemine, La
    I know LSU has a range in St Gabriel. It's possible they may let your 4H shooters use that. Although, if i remember correctly it only goes out to 50 yrds.

Top Bottom