EBRSO vs. BRPD vs. LSP

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • fighter31

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 17, 2011
    Zachary, LA
    I am looking at starting a career with one of these departments and i was wanting to get the good and the bad things about these departments from deputies, officers, troopers and anybody else who knows something about these departments.

JBP55

La. CHP Instructor #409
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    338   0   0
    Apr 15, 2008
    Walker
    Of the three I would go with LSP if I wanted to work primarily traffic for a few years.

MOTOR51

Rating - 100%
    72   0   0
    Dec 23, 2008
    here
    Of course BRPD. I think we get more overtime, extra duty details,etc. and we have civil service.

t-train

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 15, 2010
    Baton Rouge
    LSP had over 700 people apply last time they were "hiring" in 2009. Of those 700, 249 survived the background, and interview process. Of those 249, they were going to fill 40 positions...

BRPD is supposedly hiring soon.

Honestly, put in with anyone and everyone till you get hired on. Get some experience while the economy straightens out.. then apply to a better agency. Thats what I would do.

charlie12

Not a Fed.
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 21, 2008
    Pride
    LSP had over 700 people apply last time they were "hiring" in 2009. Of those 700, 249 survived the background, and interview process. Of those 249, they were going to fill 40 positions...

BRPD is supposedly hiring soon.

Honestly, put in with anyone and everyone till you get hired on. Get some experience while the economy straightens out.. then apply to a better agency. Thats what I would do.

I know someone that's in that group waiting for them to ever get the class going.

whitjct

Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    Nov 3, 2009
    Rhode Island
    Get on with whoever you can. Get your POST certification, some experience...You will be more sought after by other Dept.'s.....Its tough to be picky when it comes to a brand new career in LE.

Nolacopusmc

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Oct 22, 2008
    New Orleans, LA
    Get on with whoever you can. Get your POST certification, some experience...You will be more sought after by other Dept.'s.....Its tough to be picky when it comes to a brand new career in LE.

That is the problem right now. there are so many guys that are already POST certified from other departments that the job market is alomost saturated. Unless you are already POST, have a degree, and have verifiable experience, it is going to be tough. I would go for whomever will hire. If not, try reserve to get POST, some experience, and then move on or try to go full time with that agency.

topgunz1

Gold Member
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Sep 13, 2006
    Prairieville
    I'm with EBR, I started with them for the reserve program with the intention of going elsewhere after college, I stayed for the coworkers. Great group of men and women and lots of opportunities to advance. I did not want to go to BRPD, once I learned that I did not enjoy traffic enforcement LSP did not interest me, I didn't want to leave my family to go federal and all the other state agencies went on a freeze right when I was coming out of college and have been locked since.

Last edited:

charlie12

Not a Fed.
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 21, 2008
    Pride
    I'm with EBR, I started with them for the reserve program with the intention of going elsewhere after college, I stayed for the coworkers. Great group of men and women and lots of opportunities to advance. I did not want to go to BRPD, once I learned that I did not enjoy traffic enforcement LSP did not interest me, I didn't want to leave my family to go federal and all the other state agencies went on a freeze right when I was coming out of college and have been locked since.

My cousin what about like that. He went to LSU and first wanted to go FBI started out with BRPD got his masters from LSU. Then never left, retired awhile back from BRPD.

fighter31

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 17, 2011
    Zachary, LA

How bad is EBR with politics

Top Bottom