Eighth-grader shot in head following argument.

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • LongGoneDays

Mine. Not yours.
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 10, 2010
    Shreveport, LA
    I'm glad we have totally gotten rid of all crime & gangs in 49 of the 50 states. Maybe if I ever have kids I'll move them to one of the safe places that have the paved gold streets.

JWG223

Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Aug 16, 2011
    Shreveport
    There are SO many other places to live...try one of them

Moving later this year to a place with a crime index that approximates the national average. Have to finish out my contract here, first, though. I am being proactive about it instead of just sitting here whining over it. License is being sought, etc. It will take a while to get in order.

Last edited:

JWG223

Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Aug 16, 2011
    Shreveport
    I'm glad we have totally gotten rid of all crime & gangs in 49 of the 50 states. Maybe if I ever have kids I'll move them to one of the safe places that have the paved gold streets.

It's not that we have no crime in the other 49 states, Louisiana just ranks as the most violent state by a large margin. If you were to move...

...your kids would most likely...

...get a better education http://www.livescience.com/14953-states-add.html in a safer environment http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2011/...tates_n_848317.html#s263628&title=1_Louisiana be more likely to live longer http://www.top50states.com/life-expectancy.html and you would also save on insurance when they start driving http://autos.yahoo.com/articles/aut...o-insurance-costs-where-does-your-state-rank/

PS. Look at the "Peace Index" There is LESS DIFFERENCE between #2 and #10 than there is between #2 and Louisiana, so it's not like it's a narrow margin or anything. This place is worse by a LOT.

In 2010, Louisiana was also ranked #1 for murder in the nation, #3 over-all, based on crimes like theft etc. being thrown into the mix
    http://www.dailyfinance.com/2010/04/05/most-dangerous-states-crime-rankings-for-2010/

Last edited:

Coonie

Damn Yankee.
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Oct 14, 2009
    Evanston IL
    I'd still rather move to Louisiana, kids and all, than stay in Illinois. Violent crime and corruption is higher here, just reported differently. At least there'd be more like minded people.

bayoupirate

God of Thunder
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jul 9, 2009
    Raceland, Louisiana
    wonder what happens to all of those statistics if you take NOLA out of the picture.
    What do the numbers for Philly look like?
    Would you say that it's just as safe and nice in down town philly as in amish Penn?

bayoupirate

God of Thunder
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jul 9, 2009
    Raceland, Louisiana
    If you hadn't noticed, I live in the Raceland Zip Code.

If you want to see a real world example of what Section 8 housing can do to a nice quiet little town in 25 years, take a ride down any of the streets off of Hwy 1 between the two red lights after dark.

Then send me a response.

oleheat

Professional Amateur
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 18, 2009
    You're assuming the others were not already being fed and housed by your money.

Whatever do you mean? He had money!

369257_100001790491391_564366511_n.jpg

Yrdawg

*Banned*
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 24, 2006
    Big Woods
    Moving later this year to a place with a crime index that approximates the national average. Have to finish out my contract here, first, though. I am being proactive about it instead of just sitting here whining over it. License is being sought, etc. It will take a while to get in order.

Check your BS options...maybe Spanky will let you opt out early...or just click twice on " move "

One thing I have noticed about Louisiana is that every time a yankee moves north the south looks a little better

oleheat

Professional Amateur
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 18, 2009
    Well....I see no reason to leave my home state based soley on scary crime statistics (A wussified move, IMHO).

Read the fine print.

CEHollier

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Dec 29, 2007
    Prairieville
    I had a patient who moved here from Illinois and said there was a night and day difference between Louisiana and Illinois. She said people here are friendly and happy. And there are jobs and opportunities unlike Illinois. (her words)

4sooth

enthusiast
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Moved to Louisiana in 1958. Started the sixth grade here. A young lad in my class had a drivers license!! His family hunted, trapped, fished and crabbed for a living so education was not stressed. He was nine when the "authorities" discovered he was not in school.He failed twice--you could get a drivers license at 15 back then--so he drove himself to school every day--in the sixth grade!!

bayoupirate

God of Thunder
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jul 9, 2009
    Raceland, Louisiana
    More Updates:

"Miles and six other teens who police say were members of a gang squeezed into a GMC Yukon, got out of the SUV and asked a man if they could buy marijuana, Lafourche sheriff's deputies said. Police believe the teens, armed with a handgun and a padlock, approached at least two others and threatened them before approaching the gunman."

They had at least one gun.

dwsonar

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 15, 2011
    Lockport
    If you hadn't noticed, I live in the Raceland Zip Code.

If you want to see a real world example of what Section 8 housing can do to a nice quiet little town in 25 years, take a ride down any of the streets off of Hwy 1 between the two red lights after dark.

Then send me a response.
    No thanks, been there. Not going to Alidar(sp.?) either.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Donut Man
    Top Bottom