Electronics Blitz

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • FTRrookie

Freedom Not Free Stuff
    Rating - 98.6%
    68   1   0
    Apr 25, 2009
    Houma, la
    In the last month or so I've bought a Dell XPS Laptop, which is totally awesome, a Acer Iconia A-500 tablet, which I rooted and froze all the useless apps that slow down and suck out battery power, and a EVO 4g phone which I also rooted.

I bought the tablet with wi-fi only because I knew I was going to get the EVO and I would be able to use it's AP capabilities to get online. They work flawlessly together and I feel I made an excellent choice for a tablet that's going to be spending most of it's time in the truck and be used mostly for mapping destinations.

The other day I decided to try out the GPS capabilities of the phone when I needed to find a business in Duson, La. I was coming out of Freshwater City and knew I would be taking a lot of narrow 2 lane roads to get there. Because it's tied into google, when I typed in the address it instantly came back with the name of the business at that location, the phone number, and of course it routed me. Worked great. Better than my Garmin.

So, I decided I need a dash mount for the phone. One that will allow me to go from vertical to horizontal, very durable, and not cover the charging port. I'm looking for recommendations. If you have a EVO or similar and use a mount tell me about. Good and bad. The price range on these things are all over the place from about $9 to over $60. I'm not afraid to spend some money but I don't want to be paying for brand recognition either.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    joshualectric
    Top Bottom