Enough is enough!!!!

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • BUSTER48

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2009
    Laplace, Louisiana
    Just read that Pakistan gave China access to the previously unknown U.S. "stealth" helicopter that crashed during the commando raid that killed Osama bin Laden in May despite explicit requests from the CIA. It's about time we bombed these dirty bastards back into the stone age.

Yrdawg

*Banned*
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 24, 2006
    Big Woods
    Just read that Pakistan gave China access to the previously unknown U.S. "stealth" helicopter that crashed during the commando raid that killed Osama bin Laden in May despite explicit requests from the CIA. It's about time we bombed these dirty bastards back into the stone age.

Ok, bombs away...but

I read that the Seals blew that thing to bits when they left it, and just IMHO, I'm beginning to think the usama killing story is SO full of holes, probably not much to get excited about anyway

Hitman

® ™
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Sep 4, 2008
    Lake Charles
    Ok, bombs away...but

I read that the Seals blew that thing to bits when they left it, and just IMHO, I'm beginning to think the usama killing story is SO full of holes, probably not much to get excited about anyway

Did you not see the photo's?

They only blew the front half. The rear half lay on the outside of the compound wall.

I say we should have simply mounted another mission in their to get it back.

SGT_Kramer

Knuckle Buster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 23, 2010
    Ball
    normaly seal are pretty good at destroying things. I bet even if it looked like there was something left of it wasn't much. But I agree if we asked them and they said no we should have just mounted back up and took it back.

03protege

#1 Stevel Spell II fan
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Nov 20, 2008
    Mandeville
    normaly seal are pretty good at destroying things. I bet even if it looked like there was something left of it wasn't much. But I agree if we asked them and they said no we should have just mounted back up and took it back.

US-helicopter-destroyed-during-the-raid-that-killed-al-Qaeda-leader-Osama-Bin-Laden.jpg

jsoc-operation-osama-bin-ladin-helicopter-shotdown-pakistan-03.jpg

Russo

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jun 9, 2008
    Raceland,LA
    we been bombing Pakistan, for years... then send them money to rebuild what we bombed... so which one of us is the crazy one?

Gus McCrae

No sir, I ain't.
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Feb 25, 2009
    Colorado
    Not that I disagree with what we did, but....

We send uninvited troops into a country to kill someone on their soil. We lose a helicopter in the process. Now we want the country whose sovereignty we ignored to give us our lost helicopter back and not give it to another country? We're supposed to get mad about it?

SpeedRacer

Rating - 100%
    92   0   0
    Feb 23, 2007
    Mandeville, LA
    Can't wait for the "New Chinese Stealth Helicopter" propaganda videos using scenes from Air Wolf. :rofl:

There is plenty of technology in that tail, but I don't think China will accomplish anything with it. The bigger issue to me is Pakistan allowing it, they need a swift kick to the nuts ASAP.

Hitman

® ™
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Sep 4, 2008
    Lake Charles
    black, angular fairings?
    You simply aren't seeing the ingenuity of that Tail Rotor, not to mention the technology inside the tail section.

I've heard from a couple Helo Mech's here on Base who say that whoever gets a hold of this Rotor will learn a lot and most likely be surprised. The Tech behind it is not widely known. Or should I say it might be known but only the US has actually put it to work.

Kind of like the Nuke Tech. Yea everyone knew the ingredients but even Japan doubted the US. They even doubted the US had TWO of them. They weren't willing to go for round 3. Too bad they didn't know that we didn't have a 3rd.

I think you guys are severely underestimating our Militaries Technological lead above and beyond the rest of the world. Lots of folks might indeed take too much pride in a lot of things America does but our Military is indeed worthy of showing off.

Never underestimate the enemies’ ability to learn something from your mistakes and your success.

goteron

Unity Tactical
    Rating - 100%
    38   0   0
    Dec 8, 2009
    Houma, LA
    I know there is a lot of "new" tech in that tail, but getting the tail section is not the only way China will get information about it.

My guess is that most of the tech has to do with tailrotor noise signature reduction. The private industry (EuroCopter) has been working on this for a while, and it doesnt look like the much anticipated "morphing" blades that change profile (Though I could be wrong).

I just don't see it as that big of a loss.

For what was risked on that mission, I think we came out well. And why would pakistan give it back to us?

jimdana1942

oldtimer
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Aug 11, 2008
    Sulphur, La.
    Why in the he-l do we, the taxpayers, give our military kujillions of dollars for secret programs to make things to keep us safe but the da-n chinese always wind up gettin' the technology from us for free?

What in the sh-t is wrong with this picture?????

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Donut Man
    Top Bottom