EOTech Rebate: I think I got shafted

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • jgreco15

The Zebra
    Feb 15, 2009
    Lafayette, LA
    As many here probably know, EOTech did their "Zero Into Savings" rebate program recently and selected items were eligable for the rebate. Amongs other itmes on the list were EOTech's 557 Holographic Weapons Site and the G23 3x magnifier with FTS mount. Well, I purchased the MPO (Multi-Purpose Optic) which included both the 557 and the 3x magnifier in the same package. Upon receiving my items, I did EXACTLY what the rebate asked and mailed in the appropriate information. I just got two seperate cards in the mail from EOTech that state that the items I purchased were "invalid for this offer" and my "UPC codes is/are invalid".

So, I missed out on $100 in savings. From what I have been told about EOTech, they are a fantastic company with great customer service but this kind of makes me a little angry. I called the company promotions department and they told me that because they were purchased as a combo pack, I was not eligable for the discount.:mad:

I will continue to support EOTech but for anyone else out there, keep in mind that if you buy items in a combo pack, you were not eligable for this (or probably other) offer(s).

/end rant/

D300

Feb 5, 2010
    I also bought the MPO thinking I would get a $50 rebate. I filled out all the paperwork, the cash register even printed out an automatic rebate form and separate receipt, I sent in all the copies and UPC code, and then got a crappy postcard from Eotech saying that they would not honor the rebate.

When I called them, I asked them why was every retailer offering this rebate if, as they claimed, there wasn't one. The woman from Eotech kept blaming their retailers saying that they made it up.

When I asked why it wasn't written anywhere on the offer that the MPO was excluded, she said, "It does say that we can alter and cancel the offer at any time".

So there you have it.... EOTECH offers a rebates, people buy the product, then they can just cancel the rebate and not have to pay us back.

It is obvious that Eotech doesn't care about the individual buyer. They just care about their big agency contracts.

If $50 means so much to their bottom line that they are willing to anger many customers... Imagine what it means for an individual like me who saved for a while to buy their product.

I'm never buying from them again....

JadeRaven

Oh Snap
    Sep 13, 2006
    Metairie
    Wow! How odd. Everything I've heard about is that eotech is top notch when it comes to customer service.

I would return the item to the retailer.

noob

enthusiast
    Silver Member
    Mar 18, 2008
    New Orleans
    man, i feel for you. i was going to get the same setup, but then decided on a Trijicon. sorry to hear about the rebate being rejected. i could have sworn when i looked at the rebate, that combo was on there.

Gus McCrae

No sir, I ain't.
    Feb 25, 2009
    Colorado
    I also bought the MPO thinking I would get a $50 rebate. I filled out all the paperwork, the cash register even printed out an automatic rebate form and separate receipt, I sent in all the copies and UPC code, and then got a crappy postcard from Eotech saying that they would not honor the rebate.

When I called them, I asked them why was every retailer offering this rebate if, as they claimed, there wasn't one. The woman from Eotech kept blaming their retailers saying that they made it up.

When I asked why it wasn't written anywhere on the offer that the MPO was excluded, she said, "It does say that we can alter and cancel the offer at any time".

So there you have it.... EOTECH offers a rebates, people buy the product, then they can just cancel the rebate and not have to pay us back.

It is obvious that Eotech doesn't care about the individual buyer. They just care about their big agency contracts.

If $50 means so much to their bottom line that they are willing to anger many customers... Imagine what it means for an individual like me who saved for a while to buy their product.

I'm never buying from them again....

This makes me want a trijicon.

You have insufficient privileges to reply here.
    Top Bottom