Everybody on here sucks, especially the new guys. ( Not Really !! )

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Request Dust Off

Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Feb 11, 2007
    Westbank N.O.
    Well, this is for the guys who make those type of statements. Also for those who make negative statements about the younger guys.
    Your blanket statements are just wrong.

On Monday I meet one of the newer and younger guys on here. Seems like a good guy. We talk about some gun stuff.

Today I get a call from him. He is at Wal-Mart and wants to know if I want him to buy me 3 boxes of .22LR as they have it in stock. He isn't worried about when he will get the money either. There were 3 boxes so I took 2 and left one for the next guy.

All the good guys I have met and continue to meet on here overshadow whatever stupidity I encounter here.

jchebert1979

Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 21, 2012
    Lafayette, La
    Sounds like a stand up guy. I did the same for a long time member of the board from whom I bought a sight from. He said if I ever came across some Pmags to let him know. I was at Dave's the other day and they had a few left at just $5 over retail. I couldn't get in touch with him so I bought one for me and four for him. I would do the same for anyone that I built a report with and hope they would do the same for me. I've come to see that this is a pretty tight knit community and I like it that way.

Neil09

Rating - 93.8%
    15   1   0
    Nov 29, 2009
    church point, la
    Sounds like a stand up guy. I did the same for a long time member of the board from whom I bought a sight from. He said if I ever came across some Pmags to let him know. I was at Dave's the other day and they had a few left at just $5 over retail. I couldn't get in touch with him so I bought one for me and four for him. I would do the same for anyone that I built a report with and hope they would do the same for me. I've come to see that this is a pretty tight knit community and I like it that way.

^^^The only reason I was able to get some 7.62x39 was because jchebert texted me when he seen in stock, and he doesn't know me from Jack. Thanks again!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

JLouv

Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 13, 2010
    Youngsville
    Stuff like this used to be normal. That's why the price gouging threads get so heated. The sense of community instantly disappears in the face of a few $$$ for some people.

MyTFAL

"It's no big deal,...."
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Jun 2, 2008
    Abita Springs
    I have met so many more good people on here than bad, the recent influx of profiteers don't even bother me, the people that have been here all along will ignore them and they'll drift away. Eventually we'll be back to our tight knit little dysfunctional family.

Last edited:

jchebert1979

Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 21, 2012
    Lafayette, La
    Thanks man. I just love seeing people get guns and ammo, especially when it's for retail. It was my pleasure.

^^^The only reason I was able to get some 7.62x39 was because jchebert texted me when he seen in stock, and he doesn't know me from Jack. Thanks again!

smith625

REVOLVER DRIVER
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    May 12, 2008
    port vincent louisiana
    Well, this is for the guys who make those type of statements. Also for those who make negative statements about the younger guys.
    Your blanket statements are just wrong.

On Monday I meet one of the newer and younger guys on here. Seems like a good guy. We talk about some gun stuff.

Today I get a call from him. He is at Wal-Mart and wants to know if I want him to buy me 3 boxes of .22LR as they have it in stock. He isn't worried about when he will get the money either. There were 3 boxes so I took 2 and left one for the next guy.

All the good guys I have met and continue to meet on here overshadow whatever stupidity I encounter here.
    Well said their are exceptions everywhere.

Request Dust Off

Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Feb 11, 2007
    Westbank N.O.
    Stuff like this used to be normal. That's why the price gouging threads get so heated. The sense of community instantly disappears in the face of a few $$$ for some people.
    Because people let it mess up their sense of community. What an individual does shows what they are made of, not what everyone else on here is made of.

Stuff like this never stopped. I had a guy in the middle of all the panic (have we got to the middle yet?) give me a LPK for an AR. I didn't even ask, he had a bag of AR parts and said take what you want out of it. I just gave some brass to a guy.

Opportunist come and go.

Or I could have just +1 ed MyTFAL's post

Last edited:

VeedUp

Gold Member
    Rating - 100%
    54   0   0
    Oct 15, 2007
    Destrehan, La.
    I actually had one of the newer members give me a deal on a BCG because he noticed in one of the threads how red x arms dicked me around.

Greenwave87

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 16, 2013
    Ponchatoula
    I'm a new guy here (last month or so) love the sense of family here! I made 2 ammo purchases from other members @ retail price from 6 months ago! I was happy and can only hope to build to the family/comradiry (sp?) shoot straight fellas!

1911Dave

Rating - 100%
    60   0   0
    Apr 8, 2012
    Mandeville
    Out of the 28+ transactions I have done here face to face, every one has been good. I have spent over an hour BSing with a few when making the transaction. Couple of memebrs I have done multiple transactions with and will gladly lend a hand or offer a good deal on something.

lacountryboy

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 17, 2013
    Covington
    People on here

I've found it both way's old and new member's wanting an arm and a leg for guns or mag's,and then found complete opposite ppl helping each other.Hope the ones scalping realize they are hurting the cause more than they know.I've heard ppl changing there whole outlook on gun's because they can't find gun's at reasonable prices so they say (If I can't have it I'll vote agianst it). And one of the guy's that I heard make that statement has been a friend of mine since pre school.I'm at a lose for what ppl are doing to each other over greed.Hope everything works out for us in long run but won't be suprised with any thing.Good Luck Fellas

headspace

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    Feb 9, 2009
    Hammond
    Belonging to a community is one thing, who you are to that community is a different story altogether.
    I've been an avid motorcyclist for most of my my life and haven't found a community as tight knit as that. There are a few bad apples, but for the large majority, we go out of our way to help fellow riders, even those we barely know. We also see the bad apples eventually rot and disappear. We pay it forward often. I feel the same about shooting. I'll do what I can, offering parts, service, whatever whenever. Some here have gotten PMs from me and help when they've asked. I post threads with helpful info when I can. Because that's part of belonging.

So, do your part. Reap the benefits. And try not to let the bad apples spoil it for you.

Last edited:

Emperor

Seriously Misunderstood!
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 7, 2011
    Nether region
    I've found it both way's old and new member's wanting an arm and a leg for guns or mag's,and then found complete opposite ppl helping each other.Hope the ones scalping realize they are hurting the cause more than they know.I've heard ppl changing there whole outlook on gun's because they can't find gun's at reasonable prices so they say (If I can't have it I'll vote agianst it). And one of the guy's that I heard make that statement has been a friend of mine since pre school.I'm at a lose for what ppl are doing to each other over greed.Hope everything works out for us in long run but won't be suprised with any thing.Good Luck Fellas

Supply / Demand economics! This is a good thing in a Capitalist society! And it certainly beats the alternative the pretender is pushing. ;)

UnseenUSPCompact

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Sep 13, 2006
    Ive had a few hobbies in my life and I can honestly say that the amount of morons in each group normally outweigh the ones in the gun group. That isn't to say there arnt a few floating around, but for the most part the gun crowd is friendly and helpful compared to some other groups. (This goes for young and old.)

CUJOHUNTER

EARPLUGS??
    Rating - 100%
    156   0   0
    May 19, 2009
    New Orleans
    See....we can all get along. I even like a couple of a##holes on here...really I do. There's nothing personal here. There's differences of opinions and what nots but who really cares, right? If we all agreed on everything this would be a pretty boring site, don't you think?

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Gordoloco
    Top Bottom