Everything PS3 Gaming Thread!

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • blackboltss

Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jul 5, 2010
    Slidell
    Post up your online ID's if you feel the need!

I am dock541 on COD black opps and same thing on Battlefield 2

Is it me or do the people on COD suck next to the people that play battlefield?

I just had 27 Kills and a 15 kill streak on COD, i sat in one spot the whole game... not even under cover I was in the corner of a room and didnt have a sniper rifle, first time ever playing COD online. It takes people forever to aim on COD. I am lucky to get 15 kills all together on Battlefield. If i sit in a place longer than a few mins Im dead...

blackboltss

Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jul 5, 2010
    Slidell
    Its easy tho..lol i am getting almost 3000 cod points every game ... it takes a good 2-5 seconds for them to aim and start shooting. on battlefield as soon as you see them your dead

bravo3

dont tread on me
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Jul 27, 2010
    Baton Rouge
    I don't play black ops anymore. I sold it prob a month after it came out and I got it at midnight release. Like you said, it is way to easy, its basically just World at War with different guns and uniforms. I have about 14 days logged on MW2. Its still just as fun, but I can't hardly wait for MW3 man

richardbeater

Argh!!!
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Oct 15, 2010
    Fort Polk
    Cool im on black ops and mw2 same name as my screen name here richardbeater and put bs in the comments so i know it from here and not some 12 yr old

blackboltss

Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jul 5, 2010
    Slidell
    Y'all have got to try battlefield!! but dont get the one thats out now... the new one comes out... i think at the end of this month

Emperor

Seriously Misunderstood!
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 7, 2011
    Nether region
    I really enjoy playing PS3 online, but will not reveal my username, cause I don't wan't anyone to know how bad I suck at MW2, Nazi Zombies, COD BO. And my 12yo uses my profile when he plays on my PS3 and he is absolutely unstoppable on MW2. So when any of you are getting owned, you won't know if it's him or me.:redfinger:

My 6 yo does too, and he can whip my ass too.:dunno:

JustinB

Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Oct 7, 2008
    Metairie
    Burns4000 I was into playing Assassins Creed Brotherhood online but then started playing Mass Effect again for XBOX and havent powered on the PS3 in a while.

nate223

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 19, 2009
    Prairieville, LA
    I've got a question (You said everything!): A friend gave me his PS3 with a freezing up problem. Sometimes you make it through the menus and it kills after about an hour of gameplay, but usually it's during startup. I tried the file system restore, then system restore, then popped in a fresh hard drive. Still no luck.

Any ideas on what's causing the freezing? I'm a very casual gamer, but it would be cool if there's a solution to get this system running for COD MW2 and Black Ops.

ETA: Geez, I'm such a threadkiller. Carry on.

Last edited:

Emperor

Seriously Misunderstood!
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 7, 2011
    Nether region
    I've got a question (You said everything!): A friend gave me his PS3 with a freezing up problem. Sometimes you make it through the menus and it kills after about an hour of gameplay, but usually it's during startup. I tried the file system restore, then system restore, then popped in a fresh hard drive. Still no luck.

Any ideas on what's causing the freezing? I'm a very casual gamer, but it would be cool if there's a solution to get this system running for COD MW2 and Black Ops.

ETA: Geez, I'm such a threadkiller. Carry on.

Sounds like your system is getting hot. Online at Playstation3 is an instructional manual to "self-clean" the system(among other possibilities). You can also manually clean the cooling vents. If that doesn't work your system is garbage.

nate223

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 19, 2009
    Prairieville, LA
    Sounds like your system is getting hot. Online at Playstation3 is an instructional manual to "self-clean" the system(among other possibilities). You can also manually clean the cooling vents. If that doesn't work your system is garbage.

Thanks for the reply. I suspected that it might be overheating (but I still wondered why it would shut off on startup, before it had a chance to heat up). I cleaned it as well as I could with canned air, and made sure the fans were working. I guess there's no more life in the thing. Might send it in for the $99 fix-or-replace service the rep was telling me about over the phone.

Emperor

Seriously Misunderstood!
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 7, 2011
    Nether region
    Thanks for the reply. I suspected that it might be overheating (but I still wondered why it would shut off on startup, before it had a chance to heat up). I cleaned it as well as I could with canned air, and made sure the fans were working. I guess there's no more life in the thing. Might send it in for the $99 fix-or-replace service the rep was telling me about over the phone.

Do the internal "Self-clean" first! It's a digital clean job! You can't manually do that.

Top Bottom