expandable baton vs. gun, with baby stroller

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Gumbo

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 28, 2009
    Lafayette
    Dogs are very keen at sensing emotions and reading body language. Your best bet is to aggresively approach a dog with the mindset that you're going to slit it's ******* throat and 99.99% of dogs will pick up on that, and retreat.

blackened1313

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 25, 2009
    slidell
    Thanks for the replies but I think the point got lost. I guess my question was if the said POS shows up and starts acting like a fool, would I be in trouble for macing, tasing or mollywhopping with a baton?

I dont have any problem carrying, have been doing so for about 15 years. Just that there is a fine line, its on a U-7 soccer field, its his child, if its just punches what defense is justified?

The documentation is already there. Prison records, restraining order that just expired, police reports filed, reasons used in divorce.

Summit_Ace

*Banned*
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 6, 2009
    Dogs are very keen at sensing emotions and reading body language. Your best bet is to aggresively approach a dog with the mindset that you're going to slit it's ******* throat and 99.99% of dogs will pick up on that, and retreat.

I LOVE IT:)

K9CopSGT

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 15, 2008
    Lutcher, LA
    Thanks for the replies but I think the point got lost. I guess my question was if the said POS shows up and starts acting like a fool, would I be in trouble for macing, tasing or mollywhopping with a baton?

I dont have any problem carrying, have been doing so for about 15 years. Just that there is a fine line, its on a U-7 soccer field, its his child, if its just punches what defense is justified?

The documentation is already there. Prison records, restraining order that just expired, police reports filed, reasons used in divorce.

Macing and Tasing, you would be fine in a self-defense or defense of others situation with said POS.

Using a baton would not be recommended, it is considered to be a deadly weapon in the hands of someone who is not trained/certified in it's use as a non-lethal weapon. If he comes at you with his fists, you would be escalating to deadly force.

topgunz1

Gold Member
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Sep 13, 2006
    Prairieville
    spray will be your best bet for dogs, they want nothing to do with the stuff and nobody will care that your wife is carrying it. Plus it's alot easier to use than a baton. My first hand experience with expandable batons is they are utterly useless.

Yrdawg

*Banned*
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 24, 2006
    Big Woods
    spray will be your best bet for dogs, they want nothing to do with the stuff and nobody will care that your wife is carrying it. Plus it's alot easier to use than a baton. My first hand experience with expandable batons is they are utterly useless.

however IIRC they make good a/c vent adjusters in the vehicle

Bayoupiper

New Curmudgeon
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 28, 2008
    Iowa, LA
    I'd say go with the spray.

Just be sure you don't spray it upwind!

I know several people who carry a collapsible baton,.
    They all THINK they know how to use them when in reality they are really clueless......................

ajt2341

Rock out w/ ur glock out!
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jul 6, 2008
    Lafayette, LA
    But back to the original topic: Maybe some of the LE guys can comment on whether or not you would be alarmed if you saw a non-LE carrying a baton of any type. Is it subjective (i.e. my wife taking the kids for a stroll with a baton hanging off the buggy handle would not bother you, but me carrying a PR24 on my belt when going to the store would cause a rukus), or is it 100% a bad idea 100% of the time?

I could care less about a baton. Kids in the hood walk around with sticks and bats all day long. As far the dog, OC works. Taser's work too but it's expensive and limited shots unless you're carrying around a bunch of cartridges. Paul hit the nail on the head with how OC started and the foams and gels. Academy usually has a good selection of all of the above.

Booseman

In Vino Veritas
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Lake Charles
    Zombie_thread_alert.JPG

mwk1975

Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Feb 2, 2010
    Jackson, La
    So I sorta view resurrected threads in the same light as reading yesterday's or even last week's newspaper. If I haven't read it, then it's news to me.

sraacke

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009
    St. Gabriel
    Im mainly concerned about wifes POS x husband, recently released. Especially regarding places I dont want a firearm-soccer games, basketball games, coffee shop etc
    Why would anyone NOT want a firearm at any of those places? What makes them different than... a resturant, a movie theater, a library, etc?

12secHemi

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 30, 2010
    Alexandria, LA
    Wherever it happens, take the first punch then draw down on his ass. You'll have physical evidence of an assault and justification for lethal force if necessary. Flame suit on. :fawk:

sraacke

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009
    St. Gabriel
    Wherever it happens, take the first punch then draw down on his ass. You'll have physical evidence of an assault and justification for lethal force if necessary. Flame suit on. :fawk:
    WTF?!? Do you have any idea how many people have been knocked out, incapacitated or outright killed by one punch? I don't need physical evidence of an assault. I'm crtainly not going to let someone start wailing on me before I defend myself. If you are willing to let someone have the first punch you need to seriously think about getting a refund for any training where you learned that crap. And you need to kick your instructor in the nuts.

Tulse Luper

Besmirched!
    Rating - 100%
    64   0   0
    Oct 29, 2008
    Metairie
    WTF?!? Do you have any idea how many people have been knocked out, incapacitated or outright killed by one punch? I don't need physical evidence of an assault. I'm crtainly not going to let someone start wailing on me before I defend myself. If you are willing to let someone have the first punch you need to seriously think about getting a refund for any training where you learned that crap. And you need to kick your instructor in the nuts.

Interesting kill punch here:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...Tiffany-Startzs-single-punch-5-party-bet.html

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    alwill112
    Top Bottom