Experience, Tips to Obtain Louisiana Tint Security Exemption

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • JadeRaven

Oh Snap
    Rating - 100%
    60   0   0
    Sep 13, 2006
    Metairie
    Hey guys, I'm looking to get a tint exemption for my car and I'm looking for advice from anyone who's successfully gotten one or is familiar with the process. Due to my job I frequently carry valuables etc. but I am not sure what this covers.

Anyone with experience? Thanks!

ta2d_cop

#CornholioLivesMatter
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Jan 28, 2008
    Covington
    http://www.lsp.org/lse_form3.html

I know if you have class 3 items, it should be approved..

Based on......?

I've heard of medical exemptions for headaches and light sensitivity, whatever that means, but not class 3 owners. FFL holders maybe, but the listed non-exclusive persons all require some type of state license or certification other than the elected or appointed. Submission of creds is required.

US Infidel

TRUST NO ONE
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jan 30, 2012
    Earth
    A security exemption is free. A medical cost $. Just word it right on your application and send it in. Mine took a couple months to get approved. You could call them; everyone I've talked to with State Police have been very helpful.

Pas Tout La

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 12, 2012
    Droite La
    I asked my eye doctor about this after I had LASIK surgery and he wasn't much help. Since the procedure, my eyes are extremely sensitive to light. I have 15% on my truck and figured I'd just deal with the ticket if caught. I need to look in to this. Thanks for the links fellas.

charlie12

Not a Fed.
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 21, 2008
    Pride
    Based on......?

I've heard of medical exemptions for headaches and light sensitivity, whatever that means, but not class 3 owners. FFL holders maybe, but the listed non-exclusive persons all require some type of state license or certification other than the elected or appointed. Submission of creds is required.

I like what they did a few years ago with the medical exemption. no more nurse signing off and getting one because you want to look cool. Now only if the inspection stations would do their job

http://www.lsp.org/pdf/WindowTintExemption-Medical_new.pdf

noob

enthusiast
    Silver Member
    Rating - 100%
    41   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    New Orleans
    My sister's cadillac is tinted all around. 15% including the windshield. She has lupus though, and sunlight gives her migraines and flare ups.

I wasn't aware about the security exemption, unless you were a company vehicle.

JadeRaven

Oh Snap
    Rating - 100%
    60   0   0
    Sep 13, 2006
    Metairie
    Yeah I could easily say I frequently transport high value firearms, class III, etc. but I get the feeling that won't work.

I could claim a medical exemption which would cost money and is more complex... but it might end up being the only option.

Any more thoughts? Thanks guys.

ctrues

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 26, 2014
    Metairie Louisiana
    Personally I would not want tint that dark but I also do not agree that the government should be restricting window tint. The driving at night is a BS argument since your windshield is not tinted and one does not have to see from their windshield mounted mirror to drive. (As seen by truck and van drivers with no rear Windows). Making people jump through hoops and pay fees for a medical exemption is just BS.
    As for the police, if you are driving with tint that dark they should just clear the vehicle (including performing a felony type stop) if worried about the occupants.

kz45

1911 cool-aid drinker
    Rating - 100%
    32   0   0
    Jun 8, 2008
    Baton Rouge
    Just tint your windows as you wish, obey all traffic laws, and don't worry about it, I don't!

Damn, I can't believe I just said that!

Neil09

Rating - 93.8%
    15   1   0
    Nov 29, 2009
    church point, la
    I have had every vehicle I own with 5% for the past 4 years. I've had 3 window tint tickets. Depends what it's worth to you.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

alpinehyperlite

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 27, 2011
    Baton Rouge
    As for the police, if you are driving with tint that dark they should just clear the vehicle (including performing a felony type stop) if worried about the occupants.

So because a LEO would like to be able to see everyone inside of the vehicle, He/She should point a loaded weapon at everyone in the vehicle, regardless of what the stop was for, get everyone out of the vehicle, and handcuffed?

Brilliant.

Gator 45/70

Rating - 100%
    31   0   0
    Unless your an Albino with pink eyes, Everything you listed is weak, I call BS

Personally I would not want tint that dark but I also do not agree that the government should be restricting window tint. The driving at night is a BS argument since your windshield is not tinted and one does not have to see from their windshield mounted mirror to drive. (As seen by truck and van drivers with no rear Windows). Making people jump through hoops and pay fees for a medical exemption is just BS.

Top Bottom