"Experts @ Academy"

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • 4sooth

enthusiast
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Our local Academy had a VERY knowledgeable guy in sporting goods for about a year. The fellow was retired--had several masters degrees in finance/business along with a strong interest in hunting/fishing. From the instant he was hired the manager of his dept told him he was overqualified and should not be there. Read that--"You are a threat to my job." He steadfastly refused promotion--he wan't there for that. Finally he was forced to either take a promotion or leave. He left. There is much incorrect info being spouted from behind that counter. My favorite, "When you fill out this form 4473, you are registering this gun with the federal government." It is surprising how many folks feel comforted by this!!! "Oh, it's registered. That is a relief. Now I do not have to worry." Said by an elderly lady buying a pistol. Go figure.

ericlosh

Rating - 100%
    46   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    Slidell LA
    or the guy that offered me 9mm luger or 9mm nato as a healthy substitute for 9mm mak/ 9x18.

oh well for anything not as mainstream i usually stay out of the big box stores

Hevi-shot

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 26, 2011
    Denham Springs
    I try to stay away from chain stores if possible. For fishing I'll pass on Cabelas and bass pro and go to. Superior Bait on Seigan Lane. That guy stands behind what he sells and actually knows what he is talking about. He spent 10 minutes teaching me how to snell a hook, wouldn't stop until I could tie it myself. Try
    getting that at ANY Academy. I was told by an Academy worker that he didn't think a certain brand of
    shotgun shells was worth a darn because the cardboard boxes were cheap. I was at Cabelas when they
    opened and overheard an employee tell a customer that Kent shells were good because the box had a nice
    picture of a duck. WTF?!? Expert my rear-end. Cheaper prices sure, but even that comes at a price.

hunter5567

Monolithic Mentor
    Rating - 100%
    133   0   0
    Oct 9, 2006
    Denham Springs, LA. near B.R.
    Ha Ha, they don't even know how to wipe down a gun with an oily rag at the Gun Library and used gun racks at Cabelas !!!! They stand around with thumbs up their arses instead of wiping the guns down after thousands of rust inducing fingertips have been all over the guns.

Top Bottom