F-Class Field Precision Rifle (FPR) Match April 9th

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • kengel2

Rabble Rabble
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    Jul 14, 2008
    Bedico
    Well Im out also, have to "volunteer" after all. Was hoping to get out there a shoot some 155gr scenars at some distance.

Bam Bam

Certified gun nut!
    Rating - 100%
    42   0   0
    Nov 23, 2008
    Denham Springs/Watson, La
    Well I finally made it out there and had a good time learning. I didn't compete, but still enjoyed the morning. I need to get my butt in gear and get my ducks in a row and start competing with you guy's! Thanks to Rick, Lanny, Mickey, Kenny and Ted (and others whose names escape me) for answering all my questions and offered advice. I think with a little TLC and a few items I still need to get I could be shooting with y'all soon if time/money permits. Thanks guy's!

Bam Bam

kz45

1911 cool-aid drinker
    Rating - 100%
    32   0   0
    Jun 8, 2008
    Baton Rouge
    Nine shooters today, I don't remember the winners, it wasn't me
    I shot a 512-3x using 69gr SMK's with my 3 gun rifle, I didn't dial wind or elevation, just used the reticle hold overs, I'm very impressed with what I did today, I just wanted to learn the reticle.
    Next month I'll be back on the 308

Ritten

SSST Mad Scientist
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Dec 8, 2007
    Thibodaux, Louisiana
    How many shooters were there? Winners?

I took first place in the "no rear bag" category with a 560-9x and Kevin Dimartino took first in the "with rear bag" category with a 568-12x. Ray McClain actually shot the exact same score (and x count) as Kevin, but the tie breaker is decided by the score of the last string. Great shooting all around today in some perfect weather and typical winds!! Can't wait till next month!

Lanny, I know you weren't planning to, but thanks for calling the match today again. Your expertise is always welcome.

Ritten

SSST Mad Scientist
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Dec 8, 2007
    Thibodaux, Louisiana
    Mickey, thanks again for letting me use that suppressor for the match. Although I probably shouldn't have done it cause now I am pacing by the mailbox that much more waiting for my Cyclone to come back! It was sweet to shoot a full match with one though. I'm digging the smell of wallpaper!!!

mickey

SSST
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    192   0   0
    Sep 27, 2008
    Prairieville, LA
    Well I finally made it out there and had a good time learning. I didn't compete, but still enjoyed the morning. I need to get my butt in gear and get my ducks in a row and start competing with you guy's! Thanks to Rick, Lanny, Mickey, Kenny and Ted (and others whose names escape me) for answering all my questions and offered advice. I think with a little TLC and a few items I still need to get I could be shooting with y'all soon if time/money permits. Thanks guy's!

Bam Bam

:D
    Glad you could make it.

mickey

SSST
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    192   0   0
    Sep 27, 2008
    Prairieville, LA
    Mickey, thanks again for letting me use that suppressor for the match. Although I probably shouldn't have done it cause now I am pacing by the mailbox that much more waiting for my Cyclone to come back! It was sweet to shoot a full match with one though. I'm digging the smell of wallpaper!!!

Anytime!!!!
    I know you can't wait to get it back.

RStewart

Not Easily Impressed
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Mar 14, 2009
    Gonzales, LA
    Ray McClain actually shot the exact same score (and x count) as Kevin, but the tie breaker is decided by the score of the last string .

I thought Ray won the tie breaker on the last string?

Anyway, shot the Grendel today for the first time in a match (actually only shot it a few times before today at 100) and with the WCI brake on it. The first string went pretty well learning the ropes, but by the middle of the second string I ran into a probelm, so did not finish the match. Turns out I had a few rounds that the shoulder hadn't been pushed back enough on and the G is not very forgiving. But, I think I'll keep shooting this rifle. The brake worked very well and gave the rifle a mild recoil.

But having a white card and being "recoil sensitive", I got profiled by Mickey and Ritten. I hear only special people have the white card AND an email. :rofl:

Last edited:

RStewart

Not Easily Impressed
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Mar 14, 2009
    Gonzales, LA

Bam Bam

Glad to have you and glad to meet you.

mickey

SSST
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    192   0   0
    Sep 27, 2008
    Prairieville, LA
    I thought Ray won the tie breaker on the last string?

Anyway, shot the Grendel today for the first time in a match (actually only shot it a few times before today at 100) and with the WCI brake on it. The first string went pretty well learning the ropes, but by the middle of the second string I ran into a probelm, so did not finish the match. Turns out I had a few rounds that the shoulder hadn't been pushed back enough on and the G is not very forgiving. But, I think I'll keep shooting this rifle. The brake worked very well and gave the rifle a mild recoil.

But having a white card and being "recoil sensitive", I got profiled by Mickey and Ritten. I hear only special people have the white card AND an email. :rofl:

Special huh?;)

Today was the first day without the rear bag for me. That rear bag does help ALOT. But I am happy with a 553-6X.:D

Top Bottom