Fall Sniper Challenge - Long Range Alley

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Ritten

SSST Mad Scientist
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Dec 8, 2007
    Thibodaux, Louisiana
    Looks like they're going to have it a little earlier this year. I am planning to be there for sure. Last year we didn't have the pistol events so I'm sure that's going to make things a little more interesting.

Date: September 11-12, 2010
    Event: Two-day Individual Sniper Match--Rifle and pistol events
    Details: 150 rifle rounds, 100 pistol
    $175 entry fee, there will be a cash payback, and sponsor donated prizes, and Calcutta auction. And were working on a couple of nice raffle prize give-aways.
    We are gonna limit it to 50 shooters.
    I will be coming up with course design, It will be a good mix of events, you can expect alot of steel targets, a little bit of paper, UKD's, alot of multi-gun stuff, and alot of posistional and movement.

Shooters can send funds to:

Long Range Alley
    Attn: Richard Emmons
    2007 Hwy 5
    Grand Cane, LA, 71032
    deposit of $100 will get you a spot

PLEASE INCLUDE PHONE NUMBER AND EMAIL

Ritten

SSST Mad Scientist
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Dec 8, 2007
    Thibodaux, Louisiana
    I talked to Rich on Friday and it looks like there's still 11 spots left. If anyone is even thinking about wanting to come shoot I highly suggest it! Last year the prize table was so full that even the guy who came in 50th got his money back in the value of prizes given away from sponsors (pot luck style drawing)

A great majority of the shooting is from 200yds and closer and is just as much about memory and situational awareness as it is about marksmanship. If you've got a reliable rifle, can write down your dopes, and are at least familiar with pistol safety and engagement, I encourage you to come on out and shoot. It's a great time and there's no better way to develop and sharpen your targeting skills than in a controlled competition of various situations.

HiCapMag

Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 11, 2009
    Baton Rouge, La
    Based on last years COF....which does not mean it will represent this years COF.....you could do it on most stages, but you will definitely be handicapped, IMHO.

Ritten

SSST Mad Scientist
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Dec 8, 2007
    Thibodaux, Louisiana
    Do you have to shoot pretty rapidly or do you have time to single load rifle rounds?

Last year there were a few scenarios that you had to single load, and there were a few that a gas gun with a loaded magazine would have had a pretty big advantage. Timed rounds with multiple targets are much easier without having to cycle a bolt.

Ritten

SSST Mad Scientist
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Dec 8, 2007
    Thibodaux, Louisiana
    As far as guns.....I believe the only stipulation is .30 caliber and under. Brakes, suppressors, semi-auto's......they're all legal. The biggest factor is making sure you can carry your gear with you, have a good holster for your pistol (some running and climbing involved), and know how to run your gun.

Here's a post that Richard posted up on the Hide a few weeks ago regarding questions. This competition sounds like it will be pretty different from last year, so take what I'm saying with a grain of salt. I just know that no matter what kind of stuff they throw up, it's going to be a blast!

ya i will send an email out next week to all the competitors but will let you know a lot of good shooters are going to be there, and a lot of new shooters in the mix this year, too. I think we lack 10-15 spots to fill. I'm going to the range today to confirm.

I appreciate all the support thus far, some good prizes are rolling in. If anybody would like to enter or has a question about the match or donating to the match just call call me
    325-201-3826

range website
    http://www.lra-tti.biz/

PLEASE remember to send your email address with your entry fee
    there is going to be some important information going out in a couple of weeks and if i don't have your email you may not get it.

Please send Funds to:
    Richard Emmons (sniper match)
    2007 HWY 5,
    Grand Cane, Louisiana 71032
    Phone: (318) 872-0111
    or you can call the shop and use your credit card.
    just be sure to PM me.

Barney88PDC

SEND IT
    Rating - 100%
    34   0   0
    Jul 16, 2008
    Somewhere over the rainbow
    Ritten were any guys last year changing rifles between stages. I would suspect most if not all were not. Reason I ask is I have a bolt and auto and if one stage would be much better having say the auto I was wondering if you could just swap weapons.

Ritten

SSST Mad Scientist
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Dec 8, 2007
    Thibodaux, Louisiana
    Ritten were any guys last year changing rifles between stages. I would suspect most if not all were not. Reason I ask is I have a bolt and auto and if one stage would be much better having say the auto I was wondering if you could just swap weapons.

The only guy (that I know of) who changed rifles, did so because of a stuck casing. You may not know what the next stage entails until you're on the line and they're explaining it to you. Lugging two rifles and gear from the 1000yd line down to the 200yd berm just isn't very appealing.

The one specific stage where everyone agreed that a gas gun would have an advantage had to do with being shown 5 shapes for 5 seconds a piece, then given 30 seconds to run to your rifle, close the bolt (with a full magazine), find your target paper (we were each issued a number) and shoot ONLY those 5 shapes which were mixed on a page with 20 different shapes. You are allotted 5 shots, he target was at 75 yards and shapes were one inch tall.

I remember it well because it was my shining moment. Out of 50 shooters I was the only one to get 5 for 5. :D

kengel2

Rabble Rabble
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    Jul 14, 2008
    Bedico
    Well I tried to get out of work. but it was a no go. Not like I could have gotten out of drill anyway that weekend.

So when is the next one? Or next match like it?

WB5QBK

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Oct 16, 2008
    Caddo Parish
    Ritten,

Haven't you shot enough Highpower matches to know that we BOLTgunners have all the advantage because we DON'T HAVE TO WAIT FOR THE GAS TO CYCLE THE ACTION!

Good luck with the match. Looks like I'm working too.

Top Bottom